One

A/N: Tadaa~! Here's my KnY fanfic! Word count for each chapter may be short in this fanfic and I might have to skip some parts and there'll be a lot of timeskips here hehehehe. This is a Tomioka x OC fanfic. My OC is the same age as Tanjiro.

There might be some of you who may not be comfortable with the age gap so, I'll not force you to read this.

In the first chapter, she's currently 12 years old and Tomioka is 18 here.

I do not own the images, credits to the owner/artist of the image. I'll be making my OC's character design soon, though.

Happy Reading!!

------------------------------------

"Ha...ha...ha..."

Fuyuka panted as she tightly gripped her silver katana. Blood trickled down her forehead and mouth as she faced the huge demon in front of her. Her once snow white haori now tainted red from her blood and the demon's blood as well.

"I managed to ask my crow for help. All I need is to hold him off from reaching the village." She prepared her stance and inhaled, "I didn't expect that it's a high level demon here. Though..."

Most dense people would only see rage and hunger in a demon's eyes but, her perceptive nose and eyes says otherwise.

Kill me. Please. Set me free.

Pain. Regret. Desperation. Sadness.

She can smell these emotions. She can sense such feelings from demons.

"I will." She twisted her katana and breathed, "Ice breathing technique. Sixth form: Snowflake's kiss."

She beheaded him and she could see the tears on his eyes and sense the gratitude from him as his body crumbled along with his head. She prayed for his soul to reach the afterlife, hoping he finds peace.

She suddenly slumped down and used her katana as a support. Her breathing was shallow as using breathing techniques repeatedly took a toll on her already injured body. She closed her eyes when she heard a new voice.

"Good job, little girl."

Before Fuyuka could react, she was kicked on the stomach with so much force that she was thrown to the tree.

"Agh!!"

"I didn't sense him-no...that's not it. He's just too fast for my nose to keep up!"

"Good job for killing this guy, human slayer." The new demon grinned and approached her.

She scrambled for her katana, but it was too far from her reach. Add that her body could barely move from the impact.

"Too stunned to speak? Oh well..." he stopped in front of her and flashed his sharp teeth, "You know, I have preference of my prey. Female humans and children are the best because they're so tender. Demon slayers have tough flesh but, you look so tasty, little girl."

He took a whiff of her scent and frowned "There's something off about your scent, though. Oh well. Itadakimasu-"

Slice.

Her eyes widened when the demon's head was cut off clean from his neck. It's body slumped down and slowly burned to ash.

She looked up and saw an older demon slayer, his green/red haori swaying as the wind blew softly. His dark blue eyes held no emotion and it was hard to know what he's currently thinking.

Not that Fuyuka mind. She was glad someone arrived after asking for help.

"Thank goodness..."

"Can you move?" He asked and picked up her katana.

She lost conscious before she could reply.

Tomioka Giyuu observed her current situation. Her forehead is bleeding and blood was trickling from the corner of her mouth, her white haori stained with blood as well. 

"Good job for holding them off." He said and lifted her up in a princess hold.