Chapter 7

Sharon
"Honey, I am really sorry... Please come home, or just let me know that you are safe. "That was the hundredth voicemail I was leaving Dean. I was three in the morning and he hadn't come back, or even communicated. I thought I could just easily fall asleep once Patrick was gone, but there I was, seeking him out like a helpless woman.

I bit my lips thinking about how I kept editing the voicemails that I left Dean. The first one, I was still really very angry so let us just say, it wasn't ear candy. As time went by without reaction from him, I got worried until I was begging him to come home. Pathetic, I know.

But he was my husband, the love of my life. I would wait for him for days if I had to ....

I woke up fatigued due to the horrible position that I had fallen asleep in. I wanted to check the time, but the thought of losing my sleep because I opened my eyes, didn't sit well with me so, like a blind lady, I pulled myself under the cover and embraced the warmth.  I was planning to sleep for a couple of days even, to smoothen my back but, the universe had another plan all together.

" Mummy! "My closed eyes almost pop out.  I stopped breathing, maybe then he would leave." Mum! "Jason yelled this time, shaking me vigorously. He probably knew I was ignoring him.

" What... "I groaned but softly.  Even though I usually got cranky when  sleep depraved, I would never take it out on my children.

"Where is daddy?" He asked. I stiffened.

What was I supposed to tell him?I couldn't just say I didn't know... I was his daddy's wife, I was obligated by under all that was sacred to know where he was.  Especially when it was that early in the morning. Not knowing what to say, I anticipated pretending to be asleep. That didn't help because my little boy jumped right on the bed and started throwing the quilt off  me.

"Jason,What are you doing?"

"Uncle Patrick is downstairs looking for you He asked if daddy came back. Why did daddy go out at night? he promised to play football with me today."

"Your dad is going to be home in a second, he had an emergency, something that needed his attention, do you understand buddy? "I brushed hair away from his face which fell when he nodded." Where is your sister? "

"She is with Julliet getting a bubble bath. Mummy why does she love bubbles?I don't even like water. "I chuckled.

"It is because she is a girl, bubbles are pretty, girls love pretty things. Can you please pass me my phone? "He reached for it and took forever handing it over.

"Dad left you a million messages. "he commented still looking at the screen and I arched my brows at him. He of course ignored the disapproving look I had on.

"You are very snoopy, you know that? Come back here. "he ran out the door laughing. He just knew the monster tickles I would have given him. Once the door was shut, I brought my attention to the phone and indeed Dean had left me tons of voice messages and text messages . I had my phone on silent mode and I didn't even realize how. I distinctively remember cranking up the volume so that incase he called and I was asleep, I would hear.

Sighing softly, I randomly clicked one voicemail and it started playing. I put my phone on loud speaker and got down stretching. I was very exhausted.

Dean: Honey, I am really sorry. I can not even begin to imagine how much I hurt you. I am taking care of something, a surprise that I so hope you will like, so I am sending Ray over to pick you up...."

"What?" I checked the time, it was... eleven?

He had left me that messages like ten minutes ago meaning Ray was probably almost there. I stopped listening and ran to the bathroom. I briskly did my morning routine then dressed up. I didn't know where we were going, so I just decided to go with a casual outfit. I picked a black high-waisted skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, a checked boyfriend blazer and for the shoes, I decided on my new maroon ankle boots. I left my hair on a ponytail, grabbed my phone and continued to listen as I jogged to my daughter's room. I could hear her giggles from the hallway.