Chapter Eight

A/N: Soooooo it might've been a year since I've posted... maybe... possibly... whoops....? I am sorry, and I will try my hardest to post. I've just had 3490324 things going on and I'm so exhausted, and I've had major writer's block like so bad but then I had an inspiration and just wrote and I know this chapter's kinda short, but I think you'll appreciate it. It's definitely just a "moving forward" chapter, but it's a moving forward chapter all you Jenna fans will love. 

IMPORTANT!!!!!! Please don't ask me if you can finish my story. My inbox and wall is filled with like, 12 people asking. I will finish it, at my pace, with my writing style and with my story line. I am the author and please, please, please do not try and finish my work. Imagine if an author like, Sarah Dessen agreed to let me finish one of her books 80 pages in. It wouldn't be the same at all... so the answer is no. I am grateful that y'all like it this much to ask if you can take over, but please, the answer is no. It's my thoughts and ideas on paper, and I wish to to remain that way.

Y'all enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eight

            A little harder. Just push a little harder. A little faster. Last a tad bit longer. I crossed the mile line at a new best time. I had shaved my mile down by six seconds. A small victory, for sure. I bent down and rested my arms on my knees, catching my breath.

            “You’re here early,” a familiar voice said.

            I stood up and looked over at Sam. I smiled. Jason told me that Sam wouldn’t talk to him at all when he got home from his parents’ last night. “Yeah, just wanted to start my day off right. Why are you here so early?”

            “Just blowing off steam.”

            I looked down. “I’m sorry, Sam.” I looked back up at him, and felt my stomach sink. “I made the move on Jason, not the other way around. It’s been months that I’ve liked him, and he’s finally moving on from Jenna. He’s finally living his life.”

            “So we should all just thank you then.”

            “You’re mad, I get it, but…. I’m so happy right now, and so is he.”

            Sam shook his head. “Congratulations Leah. I hope it all works out for you, really.” He nodded at me. “I need to keep running. Have a good day.” I watched as he made record time around the track before heading back to the dorms to shower and change for the day. I still had a few hours before class started, and wanted to get at least an extra hour’s worth of homework done.

            Just before heading to class, I got a phone call from Jason. “Hey!” I said happily.

            “Leah! Jenna’s mom just called! There was a spike in brain activity!”

            I could feel my stomach start to drop. “That’s great! So she could wake up soon?”

            “It’s a possibility, yeah! The doctor’s told her that it was just a spike, not consistent, but it gives us hope!”

            I felt a pang in my side and a little guilty. I didn’t want her to wake up. I was finally happy and wanted to be with Jason. “That’s incredible. That’s everything you’ve wanted. Not to be a Debbie downer, but she’s going to have to have a lot of rehabilitation and a lot of treatment to be able to walk and talk and function again. She’s not going to wake up like it was just a little nap.”