72

Chu Yu was stumped by the outburst. He gently stroked Xie Xi's back as the lump in his throat choked off his words. It was a long time before he managed to get his voice back. He mumbled, "Not anymore. I won't do that anymore..."

The two disciples huddled closer together. Chu Yu sniffed Xie Xi's familiar smell and took a deep breath to calm himself down. He wiped his eyes and looked up to see Xie Xi still biting his lips and crying with aggrievement. Beneath his heartache, he found some humor in their current situation.

Two grown men, who had not seen each other for more than a year, were now hugging each other and crying the moment they met. What was this situation even.....?

Xie Xi only stopped shedding tears after Chu Yu had tenderly coaxed him for a while. There was still a teardrop hanging on to the corner of Xie Xi's long eyelashes. Chu Yu raised his hand with some difficulty to wipe it away for him. Just as he was going to ask where they were, there was a knock on the door.

A familiar voice rang out from beyond the door. "Ahem... Gentlemen, may I come in?"

Xie Xi frowned. He did not answer immediately and lowered his head to look closely at Chu Yu. Chu Yu's complexion was white and he looked delicate. Now that his body was that of a mere mortal, being whipped had left behind savage dark red scars. They crisscrossed all over his body, and, overall, it was a ghastly sight to behold. Although the wounds were already starting to heal after the medication had been applied, they would still make one's heart ache when they looked at them.

After a moment of silence, Xie Xi closed his eyes to hide the pain in them. His hands trembled as he covered Chu Yu with a thin quilt and carefully tucked in the corners. He then replied in a light tone, "You may enter now."

The person outside the room was patient and only opened the door to enter upon hearing Xie Xi's affirmation. Chu Yu turned his head to look through the dangling muslin curtains and vaguely saw the shape of a man carrying something in. Just as he was puzzling over it, the curtains were pulled back, and a young man walked in.

The man was pure and radiant, warm and gentle as jade, with a faint trace of a smile adorning his eyebrows and the corners of his eyes. Chu Yu was momentarily stunned, then asked in surprise, "Young Master Fu?"

It was indeed Fu Chongyi.

Fu Chongyi gave a slight nod. "Young Master Chu, it has been a while."

It seemed as if Fu Chongyi had plenty to say, but he kept silent and walked up beside Chu Yu. He extended a finger to point between Chu Yu's brows and muttered, "A sealed dantian... this kind of situation is extremely rare, but looking at Young Master Chu's condition, your dantian must have been sealed by some kind of power to protect your dantian and spiritual pulse..."

Chu Yu remembered the voice that came from that green light and understanding dawned on him. Yet, he could not help but feel uneasy when he saw Fu Chongyi's frown.

It couldn't be that there was no way for him to recover, could it?  

Xie Xi soothingly caressed his face. "It'll be okay, Shixiong, I'll think of a way."

Fu Chongyi gave a dry cough. "Comrade Xie, I do have a way."

Chu Yu thought, if Fu Chongyi, the most formidable Physician Immortal in the original novel, could not fix him, then it would be basically impossible.