42

Chapter 42 – Question of Affiliation

Please read the novel at bcnovels 𝒹❁𝓉 𝒸♡𝓂

A group of cultivators had just walked over to them. The group was composed of more than ten men and women and Song Jingyi stood at the very front. The look on his face when he saw Chu Yu was as if he had seen a ghost. His face was pale and his lips trembled.

His body had begun to shake, it was particularly bad after he saw Chu Yu’s smile. The fear and guilt within the depths of his heart had surfaced. He unconsciously took a step backward.

In comparison, Chu Yu’s mood was quite good.

Ever since he had left the Mausoleum Ruins and arrived at Qing Tu, every time he mentioned the name Song Jingyi, all the cultivators would shake their heads and lament that he was “unfortunate.” There had never been anyone as unfortunate as him. Every time he fought with demonic cultivators, he would always be the unluckiest one with the most wounds. Moreover, the Demonic Path’s Mei Yin Valley seemed to be unusually interested in him for some unknown reason and would take care of him every time.

It could only be said that for Song Jingyi to be still alive right now was a testament to his strong vitality and determination.

Chu Yu silently praised: As expected, the young master of Mei Yin Valley was someone who followed through with his promises. He had said that he would make an effort to take care of Song Jingyi and he did exactly that.

Although Song Jingyi was still putting on airs, he was clearly both mentally and physically exhausted. He looked completely dispirited. Not long ago, Chu Yu had heard that Song Jingyi’s yang energy had almost been absorbed. What a pity, why was it only almost?

Seeing Song Jingyi remain at a standstill, the genuinely excited sect members behind him became more agitated and called out: “Song Shixiong, why are you just standing there?”

“Chu Shixiong! It’s really is Chu Shixiong! I’m not seeing things!”

“Chu Shixiong has managed to get out of the Mausoleum Ruins!”

Chu Yu gave a slight nod in their direction. Song Jingyi finally came to his senses and strode over to Chu Yu and grabbed his hand. With an expression that implied he was extremely emotionally moved on his face, he said: “ Chu Shidi? Is it really you? I, I’m so overwhelmed……”

Chu Yu’s eyebrow twitched, disgusted by this man’s fake enthusiasm. He hadn’t slapped his hand away yet when Chu Sheng, who was standing beside him, flipped out.

Chu Sheng had a cold look on his face as he pulled out San Huo and placed it against Song Jingyi’s neck. In an icy tone, he said: “Remove your filthy hand. Otherwise, I will cut off your head.”

Song Jingyi stiffened.

It wasn’t that he hadn’t known about Chu Sheng’s famous overprotective attitude, it was that he had simply wanted to use this gesture of intimacy to relieve the previous awkwardness. Unexpectedly, the usually soft-tempered Chu Sheng had skipped saying any words and instead directly pulled out his sword.