Christmas 1998

Christmas 1998

Louis sat in the back of the car arms crossed as he watched the fields out of his window. He was tired and grumpy having not been sleeping for four months thank to his new sister.

Don’t get him wrong, he thought she was beautiful and loved to hold her and help feed her but she was so loud and kept him up most nights.

“We’re almost there!” Jay said turning around to look into the back

“Do you think Harry will remember me?” Louis asked, a fear he’d been having all year, Jay smiled at him and patted his knee

“Of course he will honey” She nodded.

“Okay” Louis replied still not too sure of himself. The silence of the car was broken with the loud wails of his sister and Louis groaned covering his ears. Five minutes of chaos later they were pulling into the styles drive and Louis was out of the car faster than he’d ever been out of one before rubbing his ears and sending a glare at his sister who was still crying as his mum tried to get the car-seat out of the car.

Mark walked around to help so Louis walked up to the door nervously before knocking and looking down playing with the hem of his jumper.

The door opened and Louis looked up to see Gemma stood smiling down at him, he sent her a smile and she grabbed him into a hug

“Good to see you, thank god you’re here, Harry hasn’t shut up all year, jesus” She giggled and then gasped before letting Louis go and run out to see his new sister, he scoffed before looking up to see Anne walking to the door, a lump behind her leg.

“Hey Lou” She smiled and Louis grinned, feeling happier at Gemmas words

“Hey, mum and Mark are trying to get Lottie from the car and she’s crying and loud all the time” Louis told her trying to look around her leg at the lump that was moving from his eyesight,

“Harry come on” Anne laughed trying to grab at Harry who shook his head sucking his thumb into his mouth before hiding again.

“He’s going through a shy stage” Anne said patting Louis head and waiting until Jay was at the door before helping them all inside. Louis walked in with Gemma.

“Hey Louis, you have big teeth like me!” She said and Louis nodded smiling because both his front teeth were now big and he felt bigger because of it.

They followed the adults into the living room and Louis stood and watched as everyone cooed over Lottie. He jumped as something wrapped itself around his middle and looked down to see Harry wrapped around him. Louis smiled and placed his hands around Harry returning the hug.

“Whos that?” Harry whispered and Louis looked down to see Harry looking over at Lottie and Louis’ heart sank slightly wondering if Harry was going to do what everyone else had done and forget about him in favour of playing with Lottie.

“My new sister, Lottie” Louis replied

“She smells funny” Harry said screwing up his nose and burying his head into Louis ribs. Louis laughed and felt a little happier again.

“Yeah, like poo and baby powder” Louis giggled

“can I show you Molly?” Harry asked looking up at Louis who nodded eagerly. Harry grabbed Louis hand and pulled him into the kitchen where a cat was sat on the table washing her paw.

“Molly” Harry said pointing his free hand at her

“She’s pretty” Louis smiled

“So are you” Harry smiled