Christmas 1997

Louis was sat at the bottom of the staircase, knees pulled up to his chest and chin resting on his knee, waiting for the styles’ to arrive. He had been counting down the days until they came since he had broken up from school. He enjoyed school and had met a few good friends, but he’d asked to have his birthday party with them for before his birthday in order to spend his birthday with just the styles’ and his mum. He wanted to have a nice time with them alone like usual.

He was beginning to get impatient. It was only ten in the morning but he’d been awake for hours anyway. So when the doorbell rang he jumped up quickly and ran towards the door with an excited shout to his mum who was in the kitchen.

“They’re here mum, finally!” Jay laughed from the kitchen as Louis opened the door and smiled up at Anne and Des, who was holding Harry, who was asleep. He grinned at them as Gemma ran from the car over

“Hello” Louis chuckled

“Louis, you’re all big” Gemma said pulling him in and measuring his head which came to her shoulder. She had grown too, Louis noticed and grinned. Jay walked up behind him and patted his head. Louis looked up at her with a smile plastered on his face.

“What are you waiting for, let them come inside, it’s freezing out here” She smiled and Louis gasped

“Yeah, please come in” He said standing aside and watched as they walked in following them after, looking up at Harry who was watching him over his dads shoulder, eyes sleepy from the long drive. Louis grinned up at him as he closed the door. Harry rubbed his eyes and smiled back.

Louis followed them into the living room where everyone sat down and Harry was put down onto the ground where he walked over to Louis with a smile, eyes still drooping a little.

“Louis” He said jumping in front of Louis looking excited

“You can say my name!” Louis said his eyes wide

“I can say lots of things” Harry nodded

“That’s good, I want to show you my room” Louis said grabbing Harrys hand and pulling him towards the door, waving at his mum as he did. He heard Anne and her chuckle and Louis let go of Harrys hand as they reached the stairs.

“We got a cat, I want to called it fluffy but she Molly now” Harry said as he crawled up the stairs Louis holding the banister and walking slower than usual until they were at the top

“I want a cat but mum said we weren’t allowed animals. But then I wanted a dinosaur and she bought me a toy!” Louis grinned grabbing Harry’s hand again and pulling him towards his room that was quite tidy, an extra bed set up for Harry to sleep in.

“Is that me?” Harry asked looking at Louis with wide eyes and Louis nodded smiling widely as he sat down watching Harry walk over to it and climb onto it, sitting down and looking over at Louis with big happy eyes and Louis couldn’t help but grin back at Harry. It was like it was catchy.

“Can we play dress up again?” Harry asked looking hopeful

“You remember that?” Louis asked with a grin as he crawled over to the bed Harry was sat on.

“Yes,  mummy said I have the pikur on my wall if I wants to and I wants so I do”

“He kisses it goodnight every night” Gemma added walking into the room causing Harry to jump and his eyes to go wide and watery as Louis jumped and laughed smiling over at Gemma

“Hey” Louis smiled stroking Harrys hair as he did. Harry relaxed again and lay his head down on the bed t be closer to Louis who was smiling at Harry