Chapter 17:

AFTER ALL THE plates had been cleared, I moved over to an empty seat next to Mom. I scooted the chair close to her and just leaned on her. I felt her arm move around me and give me a slight squeeze while she gave me a kiss on top of my head. "You want to look at the sale ads?" she asked me.

"Sure," I told her. No matter what happened I was sure we were going to go shopping the next day.

She left my side for a couple moments and then sat back down with a stack of them in front of her. Mindy, Stephanie, and Cami came and joined us to look through them. "What do you want for Christmas?" Mindy asked me from beside me.

"I don't know... I don't really have a whole lot of things in mind. I'd kind of like a new saxophone," I said with a look up at Mom. I don't think she was expecting that one, her eyebrows moved somehow.

"Umm... that one may not be possible Tiffany. That would be pretty expensive," she told me.

I sighed, "I know. I'd of course go for clothes, maybe some new books, a couple new Barbies, and maybe some stuff from Bath and Body Works?" I suggested.

"I love their stuff!" Stephanie said in answer to the Bath and Body Works comment.

"So do I!" Mindy answered.

The three of us began excitedly talking about the products that we each liked from there. All three of us were in agreement on our favorite scents, I wasn't expecting that. "I love the bubble bath from there especially," Mindy said.

"I like the lotions a lot though too," Stephanie said.

"So, what do you want for Christmas?" I asked them.

"Well, I mainly want Barbies!" Cami said, "But I'll take some clothes and maybe some makeup?" she said in a hopeful voice that her sister answered with a shake of her head.

"Mom didn't budge on me until I was thirteen, don't count on her changing her mind for you," Mindy said. "Personally, I'd like some new clothes, some CD's, and some new makeup. I don't really have anything beyond that other than maybe a new CD player."

"Well since we're going around, I basically want the same thing as Tiffany, maybe minus the Barbies though," Stephanie said.

"Are you too cool to play with Barbies?" Mindy asked her with a shake of her head.

"You don't still play with them, do you?" Stephanie asked with her eyes open wide.

"Sometimes! You know just because you become older doesn't mean you can't occasionally be a kid still Steph." Mindy told her.

The four of us got to talking some more about Barbies then, and somehow the video got brought up. "Mom said something about that to me, what was that? You like got to go to New York or something for it?" Mindy asked.

"You got to go to New York?!?" Stephanie asked.

"Yeah. My friends and I made this movie with Barbie dolls for a school project. One of my friend's dad's is the manager at one of the TV studios in town and we got to use their equipment. It came out really nice actually, and so Mattel came down and ended up paying us for it." I laughed a bit, "That was before everything..." I became a little more somber then, "It was kind of awkward at the time because they sent each of us this gigantic dollhouse, and a whole bunch of new Barbies!"

"Wow!" Cami said, "I wished I could see this video, it sounds cool!"

"Mommy did you bring a copy of the video?" I asked. She had moved to the other side of the room to help out with something.

"I did, it's in the car. Do you want me to go get it?"

"I'd love to see it!" Cami said. I had just now discovered that she was a fanatic with anything Barbie, so this sounded great to her.