Chapter 6:

SATURDAY MORNING, I woke up wanting to scream at the person who had turned the light on so rudely in my room.... Then I realized it was the sun... oops. 'It must be really late!' I just lay in bed though, enjoying the fact that last week was over – and that my teachers had all been nice enough not to give us homework this weekend. I could almost stay here in bed all day, maybe even read a book?

Knock, Knock, Knock.

"Tiffany? Are you going to get up today?" My Mom asked through the door.

Groan. "Do I have to?" I asked, annoyed that my reverie had been ended.

"Only if you want to go shopping..."

"Shopping?" I'd forgotten that she said she wanted to go shopping today. "Okay, I'm getting up!" Any thoughts of noodling in bed were instantly erased as I grabbed a pair of jeans, a top, some underwear, and ran into the bathroom. I had showered last night so it didn't take me too long to get ready. I wanted to do my hair a little nicer... but ended up just throwing it into a pony tail with a scrunchie instead. After throwing a pair of earrings in my ears I quickly returned to my room to put on a pair of tennis shoes. I would have liked to have worn some nicer flats or something... but my Mom shopped at such a fast pace that those would have killed me!

After I'd finished tying them, I ran out into the kitchen and said, "Alright, I'm ready!"

"If only she got ready that fast for anything else..." Dad teased me.

"It's shopping, why wouldn't I get ready fast?"

"Well, her attitude on shopping has definitely improved over Brandon's." Mom said.

I was getting kind of annoyed. They said shopping, not 'pick on Tiffany day.' I just glared at them both for a second before saying, "Well are we going?"

"Alright sweetie, let's go," Mom said. She and I walked to the car and began driving into town to go shopping. We left Dad at home intentionally. This was just supposed to be a mother/daughter day.

We pulled into one of the mall's parking lots at about one. "Where to first?" She asked me.

"Umm... How about Mervyn's?"

"Okay." She told me as she drove to that part of the parking lot. The two of us then got out and I realized I had forgotten to grab a jacket, and it was cold outside. I was just about to complain about that when Mom opened up the trunk and said, "Here Tiff," and handed me my cheer jacket. It was done in the same design as the shell of my uniform and had my name embroidered on it as well.

"Thanks for grabbing it... I didn't even think about it." I told her.

For some reason I grabbed her hand and walked with her inside holding her hand. I hadn't done that since I was little, but it felt good for some reason. As we made our grand entrance into the mall, the shopping began!

We began looking in the juniors' section, but we found that I was still running into the problem of being too small for the clothes there. I was so frustrated when we ended up in the girls' section when we couldn't find anything in the other section. I was just way too short, by about eleven inches, for all of the bottoms. And, without any breasts, I didn't stand a chance of any of the tops looking good on me – plus they were all way too long too.

"Here Tiffany, how about this?" Mom asked while holding up a sweater that was in an identical style as we had just seen over in the junior's section.

It was actually okay, "Okay, that doesn't look like it's for a five-year-old... I'll try it on."

We kept looking through the section trying to find anything else that looked like it might be wearable. I mean I could fit into anything that was a size seven... but that meant Mom had some scary things that she held up. At the point when she held up a pink sweatshirt with a big teddy bear sewn on the front of it, I hit her. "Be nice!" I told her.