CHAPTER 8 : SURPRISED MRS

Travis POV

There she stood in her messed up state. Saying the words I wasn't expecting to hear dropping from her mouth. If my mood that day wasn't already horrible, I'd say Gina's statement only made it more miserable. 

She stood there with her wet eyes and cheek red from all the crying. Her cornflower eyes looked sad and weak. I wanted nothing but to counsel her, but her words rang like a bell in my ear. 

Apparently, she said the baby in her womb belongs to Simone.

"Simone? When you say Simone, are you actually referring to my brother? Simone Brewer?" I asked, though already fully prepared for what her response would be. I withheld myself from revealing too much of any emotion.

Gina opened her mouth, then closed it. She appeared to be in shock. Probably due to she saying those words without much thinking. She looked hesitant in replying, but thankfully she chose the less cowardly way. "Your brother."

I stared at her blankly like her response did nothing to me, while deep down it was actually the opposite. I wanted nothing more than to growl the whole room down and match out from here too straight to where my twin brother's dickhead is, and give him punches according to how I was feeling deep down, how angry betrayed. Not by Gina, but rather by my own brother.

"Let me explain." Gina said, breaking me from my deep thoughts. She could probably sense the tension in the air. Maybe I wasn't that strong enough to keep my emotions to myself. I fear she would have thought my emotions and anger were directed to her. "That night I met you in Vegas was the first and only night I slept with Simone. I swear I had no idea you two were brothers much less twins. And I had no idea we were going to end up sleeping together and getting married to you that very night. I don't want you thinking or seeing me as a slut." She rambled on, definitely feeling helpless with the entire situation.

Gina raised her eyes which had been looking everywhere around the room except for where I stood. I could already sense her guilt. 

The fact that she thought of me seeing her in such a light, hurts me seriously. I wanted nothing more than to clear up the misunderstanding, but I know she won't believe anything I say right now. 

Firstly, I need to win her trust and get into the place she definitely wasn't keeping open for me to enter. Her heart.

If only she knew.

I wasn't bothered about the fact she could possibly be carrying my brother's baby. 

No. 

I was bothered by the fact that she had slept with Simone. And knowing Simone he definitely dumped her that very moment. A player like him doesn't bother to hide his man-whoring behavior. Sometimes I wonder if he really was my brother. My resemblance with my brother was what made it certain, or I'd have thought otherwise.

For a while I said nothing, just staring at her. I could notice how anxious she was feeling. It wasn't my intention to make her feel that way. I just don't know what to say to her yet, I was contemplating on my choice of words to avoid any misunderstanding, or making her run away from me.

"I'm sorry." She whispered out in a pleading tone, her face filled with remorse with tears running down her cheeks. "I understand how you feel. I'd feel the same about myself if I were you."

I knew she was already having a mental breakdown.

"Don't think about anything. It's not like you planned on sleeping with me that night." I finally responded, sighing the words out. "I wasn't your choice that night. You wanted my brother, and I happened to find myself in-between you both."