Chapter nineteen

Disclaimer- Harry potter belongs to Jk. Rowling, not me. writing an alternative ending.

VOTE & COMMENT

FOLLOW FOR MORE H.P FANFICS.

The rest of the break passed slowly for the Potters, especially James and Lily. They were still eaten with guilt for what they had done to the elder of the twins. They knew they had sent the message that they only cared for him and took him out of Azkaban because they had feared he'd stray from the light. But they both had wanted the best for him the moment they knew he was free of the dark lord's soul. In her hearts of heart, Lily Potter knew what was best for Harry was just to be left alone, it was telling  her that he needed space and she had to give it to him. But another part of her said that he was still just a baby and that he needed to be reassured and held tight. 

The later part of her won as she headed to the room occupying her son. She knocked softly on the door and said, "Harry, its me. Can I come in?" Silence was her answer as she opened the door to look into the Maroon painted room. She found Harry sitting on a fetal position, head between his knees. "Harry..." She called out softly. He sniffed and looked up to meet his mother's green eyes. As she looked at his innocent emerald green eyes with a pair of her own, she found out there were tears spilling from his eyes. She hated herself for making him cry. The tears kept streaming down his face as he asked, "Why do you and father hate me?" He asked.

She kept the tears in her eyes as she answered, "No. We don't hate you. We love you." Harry looked at her, those emrald green eyes boaring into her soul. "Then why didn't you take me away when I asked you to. Why did you let them take me there. You only say you love me because you need me. The second you don't need me anymore, you will let them take me again." He said a steady flow of tears marring his face. Lily looked surprised at the way he talked. No one needed to speak like that. Her baby had grown too old too fast. "Harry that is not true. I love you because I am your mother, not because I expect you to save me." She said cuching his cheek with her hand in a comforting manner. "You don't love me." He said bitterly. Lily's heart broke when she heard the tone of his voice. "I love you Harry. Very much. In time you will know how much I love you." She said, as she exited the room fast enough. She closed his door and slid to the floor. She held back a sob as tears started to stem from her eyes. She criedfor all the times she made that little boy hurt. She cried as she remembered how sweet and care free he was used to be. She remembered every time she had held him and cried as the realization struck that she would never be able to hug him that way. James was roaming the manor looking for the woman he loved when he heard her nerve wreking sobs. He quickly made his way to the sound that was getting louder and crouched down to meet her eyes.

"Lily, are you okay?" He asked worry marring his features. "James, we broke him..." She whispered hiding her head in her hands. His intense features softened and he said, "Lily, we will make this better. We have all the time we need." She looked at him with those green eyes he was unable to resist and said, "Thank you James, I needed to hear that." He held out an arm and said, "Lily flower, I need to go to Gringotts now." Lily looked at him and asked, "Why James?" She wiped her face with her sleeve as they walked down the corridors. 

"I need to make Harry my heir." He stated. "What about Oliver?" She asked. He looked at her and said, "Oliver was never supposed to be my heir. Harry is technically still he first born and I think it will make him better that  he was given the place in the family he was supposed to have." Lily furrowed her eyebrows, deep in thought. James smiled as he recalled the trait he loved about her. "I think you are right." She said after a minute. "It will definitely tell him that we want him to stay and it will also probably make him feel more at home." She said as she smiled at the thought. And both adults went to Gringotts bank completely unaware that Oliver was watching from the shadows. 

Harry smirked as he cancelled the listening spell he cast on Lily Potter. He had listened to the entire conversation and was glad his plan was coming along nicely. He had expected them to be a bit more hesitant with him, but his excellent manipulation methods and acting skills made it so that the plan was forward.

He knew it was also a matter of time before he got the Black inheritance. That, he would give to its rightful owner, his mother, Bellatrix LeStrange. It was only a matter of time before his plans for the Basilisk in the chamber would come to fruition. He would illuminate all threats against the second part of the prophecy and he would be hailed a hero. He would bring back his father in a matter of time, but first, he had to secure his place in the midst of the order of the phoenix. And with those thoughts he walked to the library, intent on finishing his animagus transformation so that he could help mother escape soon.