Chapter 14

Santa Tell Me blasted through our house on an Early December 25th, everyone were now waking up and walking into the living room, my mom, Brittany and Derek were in the kitchen drinking coffee while making small conversations. Derek repeatedly made eye contact with me, a smile was plastered over his face.

"We should open presents now.." My cousin said, walking into the kitchen.

"Yes! Is everyone down here?" My mother answered as we all followed her into the living room.

"Most definitely.." Brittany answered looking around the room.

I changed the song on my spotify to All I Want For Christmas then turned to face my family who were ripping apart their Christmas present, Derek came up behind me and kissed my shoulder softly.

"The Mota's take their Christmas seriously.." Derek smiled at me.

"Sure as hell! Christmas is our favorite holiday after Halloween.." Brittany shouted.

"Way to invade a conversation, Brittany!" I yelled back.

"Well sweetheart, get your guy to speak a little quieter.." Brittany smirked.

"Look-"

"Girls.." My dad said to us.

Brittany and I looked over at our dad until meeting each other's gaze. My cousins continued opening presents with my mom while I stood besides the island.

"Dad? Can we talk for a minute?"

"Um, Yeah sure.."

Giving Derek a last glance, I walked out with my dad into the dining room.

"What's wrong?" My dad asked.

"Why do you do this? It's Christmas and I really want you to just accept him and accept the fact that I'm going to love him for the longest time..I'm gonna want him in my life as much as I want you guys in my life, but it's either you agree or I'm forced to choose and I'd never be able to do that.."

"Bethany.. I've seen the ways he's looked at you, the way he talks to you and acts around you. If you really do love him then be with him, whatever makes your heart happy and just remember that I'll never want you to choose between anything in your life. I will always support you in anything.. Legal of course." My dad smiled at me.

"Wow, my dad is a dork.." I laughed, hugging him back.

"Now, Let's get back to those people who are invading my living room." My dad shook his head, walking towards the living room.

Walking back into the living room, I stood besides Derek who seemed to be having a conversation with Brittany.

Looking around my house, I smiled softly at all my family. It made my heart gush with so much love.. When did I get so lucky?

A/N:

hey, sorry for no updates. OMG JAX WON!! i so fu*king happy! xx