Chapter 13

New York City, my favorite state in the entire United States. The four finalist came here to NY so we can go on GMA and the View.

This day was so long plus Derek and I just couldn't focus on anything but each other. Everytime they would question our relationship, Derek would go rigid but I'd answer the question with 'We've gotten closer during the weeks.'

"Can I have the red Velvet cake please?"

Paying for the cake at the bakery, I got back into the car, that was waiting out side. Derek was going through his instagram feed, well he was just staring at one photo on my page.

"Derek? What are you looking out?"

Derek handed me his phone with a comment that said: mottough- Are you guys gonna come out soon? If you really love each other you would before you two get pulled away from each other. Have a great time in NY. xx.

Handing Derek back his phone, we stayed silent until he nodded and looked over in my direction.

"Should we?" Derek asked referring to the post.

"If you think we're ready.."

Derek nodded at with a smile, when we got to the hotel I stepped out then Derek followed. You could see paparazzi snapping photos from every angel, Derek grabbed my hand and pulled me back placing his lips onto mine.

Now, the flashes that went off were enough to blind anyone. When Derek pulled away, he smiled at me then walked inside the hotel lobby.

"I can't believe we did that!" I smiled jumping into his arms.

"Believe it, I'd want the whole world to know your mine in a heartbeat." Derek spoke with a smile.

"Ditto babe.." Kissing him softly, we made our way to our hotel room.

I placed the cake on the table then quickly went to shower then change into a sports bra with my black leggings.

"You should never go out with those leggings on." Derek spoke while coming up from behind me.

"Why not?"

"You know better.." He whispered in my ear then smacked me on the butt.

Laughter consumed me before I pushed him away playfully. We sat down on the couch facing the flat screen TV, I opened the container that had the two slices of red velvet cake while Derek surfed the different channels.

"Stop!" I exclaimed when he came across The Fault in Our Stars.

"This movie?" Derek questioned as he set the remote down.

Nodding my head, I smiled when I noticed the movie was just starting. We cuddled into each other watching the movie in a silence, an acceptable one.

"I love you, you know that.." Derek said after a while.

"Of course.."

"Good.." He said kissing my cheek.

"Derek.. You know I'm gonna have to tell my day right.."

Derek shifted for a moment then looked over at me with a nod.

"You know, I was thinking we just run away and never tell your dad.." Derek smiled.

I chuckled softly and shook my head. "Babe, my dad is not that mean like you think."

"Whatever you say.." He said placing a kiss on my lips.

| Next Day|

My legs were shaking uncontrollably, my breathing was hard and exhausted. My mom called me last night telling me she saw that Derek and I were together but she didn't tell my dad, she told me I'd have to tell him.

We were going to meet up for lunch before I went off for my photo shoot but I couldn't bear waiting for me dad anymore, if he didn't come in the next five minutes I'd cancel.

"Bethany?" My dad said from behind me.

"Dad!" I smiled pulling him into a hug.

"How's everything going?" He asked, looking through the menu.

"Amazing.." Replying, my eyes scanned through the menu.

Get this crap over with Bethany, just come out and tell him what you've been practicing since New York.

"Your mom said you have something really important to tell me.." My dad looked up at me.

Taking a deep breath and shutting my eyes I nodded and looked up at him.

"Me and Derek are a couple now."

My dad stayed quiet of a moment, he scanned my face for a moment then cleared his throat. His facial expressions didn't change for a minute, he looked worried?

"Dad? Say something.."

"Bethany, He's too-" He started.

"No, don't say that to me, I don't care about age!"

My dad nodded but he wasn't sure and I knew that.

"Bethany, there's so many other guys your age." He pushed.

"Why can't you support me. Mom is, Brittany is everybody is but you can't.."

"How can I? Do you really think he loves you? He could find anyone in a heartbeat, someone older and more mature." My dad said.

I couldn't believe he would say that to me, those words cut deep and made me feel hurt, does he really mean those words that he said to me? Nodding slowly, I shook my head a got up.

"I really can't believe you said those words to me and yes, he really does love. Maybe even more that you because he supports me." I said keeping my tears in. "Have a good afternoon.."

Getting into my car once I stormed out, my head felt dizzy and my urge to puke was getting stronger. My phone started to ring, picking it up I answered my mom.

"How'd it go baby girl?" My mom said.

"Horrible.." I said, letting the tears fall. "He said Derek could find someone better and more mature then me.."

"Baby girl, Don't listen to him. I'll talk to him tonight and you know what, invite Derek over for Thanksgiving.." My mom said, I could hear her shuffling in the background.

"He can't, he's going to Utah."

Starting my engine, I started making my way to my house, trying to keep tears the tears in.

"Then Christmas?" My mom asked again.

"Yeah, I'll ask him tonight.."

"I love you baby girl, call me later.." My mom spoke softly.

"I love you too mama.."

Parking my car, I grabbed my bag and walked inside. Derek was sitting on the couch stuffing chips into his mouth.

"How'd it go baby?" Derek asked.

I stood not facing him, looking at him would make me believe anything my dad say and that would break my heart even more than hearing my dad.

"Hey, Beth.." Derek stood in front of me, he scanned my face worriedly. "What happened?" He pulled me into a hug.

"I love you so much! Um, don't worry about what happened and my mom want's to know if you'll join us for Christmas.."

"Yeah, of course.." Derek kissed my cheek.

"Yeah..Um, I'll make dinner tonight."

Derek gave me a worried look before I walked towards the kitchen slowly.

"I love you so much.." I whispered as I started dinner.

A/N/

loveyouu thankyou for 4k