Chapter 19

I don't need you to,
light up my world

Just sit with me,
In the dark
--------------------------*

Ella soon found herself back in the embrace of the demon, not just his arms but his wings too clutching her small body tightly to him. His head was in the crook of her neck sniffing her sweet scent.

Ella's smile wiped as she gulped in pure horror but her inner self wasn't letting her scared yet she couldn't let her guards down. "L-Leon?"

"RIC..., Not Leon!"

A raspy voice came from a foreigner to Leon, like someone who hasn't drunk water for so long.

She shivered.

"What?" She stuttered out, slowly his wings disappeared just like how they came as if trying not to scare her.

"I'm Ric, not Leon, mate!" RIC said this time softly as if trying very hard to keep it soft, which somewhat sounds compliant to Ella's ears.

She closed her eyes to try to ease the confusion and fear she felt, no matter how much she tried some things still scared her. She met Ama's wolf so it didn't take much for her to understand. According to her human brain, there are two souls in one body.

"H-hi Ric!" Her awkward reply made Ric growl loudly, she jumped at the powerful voice. Ella couldn't understand that it wasn't an angry growl but a happy one. RIC heard his name from his awaited mate's mouth for the first time which wasn't less than any bliss to him.

Pulling her closer if possible, suffocating her, he whispered. "I love you!"

Ella could feel those words not just out of blue but at the bottom of his heart. When Ric didn't get the answer he pushed himself off her just enough to see her face, Ella can clearly see how sadness clouded his inhuman eyes.

"I know, you don't love us. But we love you more than anything, I know it's hard to believe someone as stupid as Leon he really does!" He grumbled talking about Leon.

Unknowingly to Ella, her lips curled up in a small smile, Ric's eyes stayed wide as he stared at her in awe as if seeing the sunrise for the first time. The adoration and longing his dark eyes held were so intense that made Ella too stiff.

In his mind, Ric thought that insulting Leon made Ella smile so he did it again. "You know, I've never really tried to come out after that day but when I got to know about you even before Leon, that fucker did not let me out when I asked for."

At this moment he is looking like a small kid that is complaining about his classmates and how they blame him for reminding the class test to the teacher.

So innocent yet so dangerous, so calm yet upcoming strong Strom. He looked like an Angel that people describe as a devil.

But as we know, once LUCIFER was an Angel too.

His dark locks fall on his captive eyes, giving him a look of risk that Ella wanted to take, at the same time wanting to run from.

She laughed loudly at the way he complains about his own self though both are different, Leon is calm on the other hand Ric was blunt, in that she missed noticing the sign he gave her unknowingly.