Chapter Three

Chapter Three

*Eliza POV*

"Ummm...I think we should take my car." I told him awkwardly, feeling unsure about what to do.

"No! We'll take my bike!!" He insisted.

It was obvious I was not going to risk my life just to take a day off the studies. But there was no other way out. I have always wanted to ride on a bike. It was the dress code that always intrigued me. However, at the moment I did not have any black leather jacket. But thankfully, I have a Maroon Cardigan. Note the sarcasm.

"Alright." I hopped onto the bike.

"Hold onto me tight." He said as I tried to keep our body as far away as possible, which was mission impossible.

Ryder started his bike and made his way out of the parking. He was driving carefully as we exited the campus.

"And why do you ask me to hold on tight when you are driving so slowly?" I asked him jokingly.

"Do you like speed?" He asked me.

"Well yes, sometimes. In the car it seems quite safe. But I have never driven on full speed." I spoke the truth.

"So, get ready to experience riding on the bike at full speed!"

"Whoooooooaaaaa!"

"Are you enjoying it?" He had to shout to me so that I could hear him.

 "I don't know!" Seriously I don't know what I am feeling right now. I'm just... excited!." And there was a sudden urge to vent my frustration. "Maybe I'm a little scared. I have never been on a bike before, and the wind is literally attacking my face!  Are we fighting a battle or what? Seriously, what was Emma thinking when she stole Vin from me? Does it feel so good to steal the dear ones' from them? High school was already horrible,  and now this? How stupid I was to think that Vin and I could have our happy ending. He didn't even think once before sayin 'Sorry I have to leave you. I like somebody else!' " I ranted as I ran out of breath and had to stop to take in more oxygen.

*Ryder's POV*

I could hardly concentrate on her words as my eyes and mind were trying to focus on the road. I could only make out bits of her babbling. Inside I was laughing. I mean it's not that I am making fun of her situation. But honestly it was cute. Wait cute? Oh yes cute! I glanced at her from the side mirror of the bike as she took a deep breath and was getting ready to let out another tirade of  thoughts and frustrations.

"You know I lost all hope of getting him back. But then suddenly you came around. It's true that my father was not happy with Vin. My papa always told me that he wasn't a good guy. He always said that he would hurt his baby princess. But I never listened to him. Too blinded with cupid love." Then, she stood up on my bike by balancing her legs on the supporters.

"Wait, what are you doing Eliz?" I asked her amused by her actions.

"Dear all mighty lord!" She joined her hands like in prayer and looked up towards the sky, losing her balance a little.

"You will get us in trouble Elisa! Please sit down!!" I shouted.  I slowed down the speed so that she wouldn't fall off. Please don't get us into trouble!

"Why you did this to me? Am I your favourite human toy to play emotional games? You trapped me in your game and I lost the trust of my papa, my dearest papa! And mommy? She will hide her sadness and disappointment just to keep our family together. My parents were great! They even prayed to you every night. Why did you give them pain in return?" Seriously? Having a one-way conversation with god in such a childish manner was really amusing

I was about to stop the bike when she suddenly wrapped her arms around me.

"Thank god you got your brain back!" I exclaimed.

"I am sorry, but--" She broke out in sobs.

I could see her moist eyes slowly becoming red from side mirror. I am not really good in handling a crying girl. I don't know what they expect from the person listening to them. I mean let's just say it's not my forte. But I was thankful as the beach came in the view.

"Hey we are already here!" I said showing some enthusiasm. I wanted to cheer her up. But I don't know how. So I decided to be little funny. However, in such situation my sense of humour suck as hell.

"There are probably many hotties around here. No doubt not to my competence. And I know you love me so much that you can't even see anybody but me! But you can always spare a glance at them." I stated like a matter of fact. And continued thoughtfully "But I don't want them to think my date is a cry baby, and get horrified when they get a look of your eyes. Rather devilish-like red eyes" I chuckled looking carefully at her expression.

"Big head! Just a second." A little sadness lingered in her eyes as she looked into my eyes for a sec. I smiled back genuinely. I held her small delicate hands in mine.

"I am sorry. I should not have said all that in front of you like this. It must have been so awkward moment for you. I just got carried away....." Her voice became lower as she tried to hide her embarrassment.

I tried to break the hug. I had no intention of hurting her feelings, but we were in public. Even though we were dating, I did not want others to get bad ideas about her. She was just trying to get over her emotional chapter, but some guys out there won't think the same.

"Hey, it's okay. Trust me I won't say anything about it to anyone. We are surely together for a task to accomplish. But beside that we can be friends too. I am actually a good friend if you ask Tyler." I smirked.

"Really?"

"Of course, ask Tyler how good am I at keeping secrets."

"No I mean, we can really be friends. Like real friends in private but fake relationship in public?" She asked with a hint of happiness.

"Yes, Ms Donnel. You got it right."

"You really are a good person! I love you!" She hugged me again. But this time, I hugged her back.

"I am awesome, and I know it" I shrugged stating the obvious.

She shrugged away from the physical contact and furrowed her eyebrows "What? Seriously?" She broke out in laugh. I joined her in her laughter.

"I hope you like the water. No phobia!" I asked before walking toward the shore.

"Never been to such place in real life." She said nervously.

"Oh, there is always a first time of everything!"

"Yeah, I guess so" She said standing beside me now and I took my hand in hers and started walking towards the shore. She was not that hard if you get to know her. It's actually the shield she keeps up to protect her from any emotional harm. And the others calls it her attitude and ego. It's actually self- respect and I respect her for that.

"There are not many hot guys indeed" she held a smirk and continued "who can compete with you here." We burst out laughing.

We enjoyed the evening eating ice cream and trying out different candies from neighbourhood shops. She gave me a treat at the ice cream parlour for the sake of our friendship. We even helped an old lady cross the busy road!  Posting happy birthday e-cards to random people, playing red hands. Yes with just two people, but hey we enjoyed. Or at least I did.

I dropped her in the parking and was going to accompany her to her house. I was not been possessive,  but I felt responsible for her safety at the moment. But she insisted that I left early to rest. It ended up in an argument and I decided to give in to and let her go first while I follow her in disguise. Such an evil stalker, huh?

<3

I hope you guys that you enjoyed reading my works. Hope you'll give a comment to let me know how you feel about my works. Is it average, good, or the worst?

Vote if you think it's worth it! (:

Thank you fellas!