Chapter Five

A/N: The current book cover is what I made. I think it's quite cool. :p It's my new hobby to make covers. So if anybody is interested to get a new cover, gimme a call! Lol. You can inbox me or something. I will gladly do it for you!

This chapter, I am dedictaing to a friend I personally know for supporting me through all times. Thank you for been there! <3

Chapter Five

*Ryder POV*

I was entangled in Eliza's embrace. My body was frozen by then. It was like the day the Earth stood still. I didn't know what to do. The only thought running through my mind was three loud words: WHAT…THE…HELL?

'Calm down, Ryder. Don't do anything stupid. She’s starting to trust you. Think before you start acting.' My heart rate started decreasing.

I remembered the bike ride from the previous day. Eliza got emotional suddenly and she hugged my back then. I was shocked. I was terrified, actually. It's not that easy to act casually around people with unpredictable mood.

A few seconds passed by and I finally decided to respond to her friendly, yet alien, gesture. I stroked her back to calm her down. She let out a deep sigh and pulled away. We stood like that for a few seconds, staring into each other’s eyes until I decided to break the awkward silence.

"We should get going," I said cracking a smile and breaking our gaze.

Without uttering a single word, I drove us back on my bike. Meanwhile, a thousand thoughts invaded my mind, all about the moment when Eliza hugged me. I wondered what she was thinking when she did that.

As I entered the campus through the front gate, I dropped off Eliza and maneuvered on my bike to find a spot in the campus parking. There was a sign painted on the concrete that spelled PARK HERE. Suddenly, the letter ‘P’ caught my attention and I got an idea. A ‘P’ for Plan crossed my mind. I had to convince Elisa to be my girlfriend. Then I just had to impress her father and see if it would work out!

But what if what I planned didn't work out? I became doubtful thinking about the consequences.

"Hey buddy!" Tyler slapped my back playfully, startling me with his sudden appearance.

"What the hell?" I scowled, frustrated.

"What? I am just greeting you this beautiful morning, man." he retorted, a little annoyed with my attitude.

Tyler knew how short-tempered I was. If you annoyed me, you were looking for trouble. Tyler was somewhat used to my anger issues. But it still pissed him off.

"I was thinking about something and the you.....drop it mate. It's the psychology of the human brain. It will go bouncing from your head if I explain you." I joked.

"Ouch!" he feigned hurt, giving me a puppy face and pouting like a girl.

“Ah! You got cooties. Stay away from me!" I shooed him away jokingly.

"Whatever. So I was expecting you and Eliza to make a grand entrance. Where is she?" he looked at me expectedly.

"Well, I just dropped her at the gate. She must be somewhere in campus," I answered him casually. We entered our first lecture, one about the history of Roman architecture. The beautiful architecture of St. Peter's basilica.

Tyler and I were pursuing Architect as career. The buildings are so intriguing. We are surrounded by buildings. Each has their own theme and origin. I find the topic of architecture fascinating, but sometimes the old ones are too odd and modern ones are quite unimpressive. You have to be very innovative to shine among the best architects.