Chapter Twelve

Game day has finally come. I'm sure the team is nervous, it being their first official game of the season. I'll be sure to cheer Natsu and them on. I'm even nervous but I have no idea why I am nervous but I guess what it's just being worried for Natsu and all. When I was getting ready this morning, he texted me asking If I was still coming and I told him I was. He said ok and left it at that and not a single text came from him again. I hope he's not over stressing himself. 

I walk to school and see the football field is already lit us with the large lights all around the field. The stands are already starting to fill up with exited fans. I run to where I see the girls waving at me telling me to hurry up. When I reach them, I hear the noise of all of the people in the stands getting anxious for the game. Everyone always says that the first game of the season sets the tone for the whole season so everyone is anxious on the first game day. I really hope they do well.

"Gajeel was barely speaking to me today. That's how nervous he is for this game. They always get like this!" Levy exclaims. 

"Yeah, Juvia had to get Gray to calm down before he would go berserk!"

"At least they talked to you more than just asking one question" I inform. I was sort of upset that he didn't talk to me more today but I understood today was a big day so I won't mention it. 

"Lucy, he's the captain. He's probably just trying to keep his mind on the game and doesn't want any distractions" Levy says. I blush. Me, a distraction, hah. I would like to see how I would be a distraction. "Aww, she's blushing." Levy laughs. 

I punch her in the shoulder and she makes a face. We go to find our seats in the bleacher's but I get stopped. 

An arm comes up from behind my waist.  Draped over the arm was a jacket. 

"Wanna keep this warm for me" I hear being whispered in my ear. I look around and see Natsu standing there all ready for the game. I take the jacket and smile up at him. 

"Sure"  I say. 

"Sorry, I haven't been around much today." He apologizes. 

"No, It's alright. I knew it was a big day and your worried especially missing a member" I assure him. 

"Well don't think I forgot about you. I can't be the only guy up there who doesn't have someone cheering them on and wearing the jacket." when he says this he kisses me on the cheek. He then runs up to the team and get's ready for the game to start.

Only then do I realize. The Jacket. The one with the name Dragneel on it. I'm the one who gets to wear it. I blush, he must know I have thought about it or why would he have given it to me. Maybe he really wants me to wear it. I hope he does. 

I slip the jacket on over my shoulders and go to the bleachers with the girls. When I reach the seats where the girls are sitting on, they were all sitting with a smirk on their faces. They were also giggling and whispering to each other. 

"You got the jacket finally. " Levy says while laughing. I ignore her and turn to where Erza and Jellal are sitting. 

"Hey Erza!" 

"Hey Lucy, How's it going?"

"Good" I sit down beside her and avoid the looks of the girls who should know that I don't want to answer them. I have been with Natsu for a while so this shouldn't be new to them now. Unless they no more than I do. 

Stop it Lucy they probably don't know more than you. Your just overreacting. We watch the game and continue to talk to each other. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I look behind me, I see Minerva sitting behind me but she doesn't seem have a grudge against me. She doesn't have a look on her face like she wants to kill me.  I don't know whether or not she still is holding a grudge and if she wants to actually kill me. 

All she is doing is stare at me and I don't even understand why she is here because wolf-face isn't playing anymore but I hope she just wants to support her school team. Or at east I really hope that's the only reason. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this Chapter is so short and it took so long for me to update here. I have been so busy over the past couple of days. I will try and keep a schedule to update this story on a schedule.