Chapter 31

You are not a baller 'cause your closet's full of Jordan'sYou are not a rich man 'cause you're on the Forbes listFirst, I drop the record, then you know I gotta tour itReal's still the slogan, only difference is there's more of usThe story of my l...

You are not a rich man 'cause you're on the Forbes list
First, I drop the record, then you know I gotta tour it
Real's still the slogan, only difference is there's more of us
The story of my life feels like it's just beginnin' now
I ask you a question, I want answers, not the run-around
You the one that brought it up, but I'm the one to shut it down

GREEN LIGHTS - NF

♠️♠️♠️

E V A N D E R

My head was pounding and all I could see was darkness. My chest ached, a burning sensation ran through my body, I felt as if I was on fire.

Althea!

I started to remember everything that happened before all this. The burnt food, our talk about starting a family and then someone had a gun pointed at her...

I opened my eyes and was met with a pair of green ones.

"Evander Leos. We don't have much time..."

"My mate— they took her!" I rushed, trying to get up.

The man forced me back down on what felt like some sort of table, "Your wounds need to heal before we can go after her..." he explained.

I watched him as he ran his hands over the gaping wound in my chest. A fire like essence emitting from his hand seared the wound and I winced as it closed up.

"You're a warlock..." I stated, rubbing the place where the bullet entered.

"A hybrid. Half warlock, half wolf..." he replied, throwing me a clean shirt, "My name is Achilles—"

"The Achilles from—"

"Yes. That Achilles. I've never agreed with Mr Kastellanos' methods of getting what he wanted. He hurt Althaia and drove Althea away. Adrian is no better. He's been led astray." He explained.

"How did you know we were here? Why are you helping us?" I asked sitting up.

"I tracked Althea. She loves you, I won't let her father's greed take you from her. She's a good girl..." he answered.

I jumped off the table and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?!" He asked.

"Back to the house. There should be some clues there—"

"You can't go back there. Ares thinks you're dead and we can use that to our advantage... they won't be in London still. They'll be heading to the states so Althea can do the engagement ceremony."

"Over my dead body!"

He started to laugh, "You are dead!" He laughed as I looked at him with a straight face, completely unimpressed.

"What? Too soon?" He shrugged and I followed him outside to some car.

"How do I know that I can trust you? How do I know that you're not working for Dimitri?"

"Because that man threatened my family. Like you, I also have a mate and kids of my own. They come before anyone. Now, are you going to continue to question my loyalty or can we get going? We don't have much time." He snapped.

The poor guy. I needed to get to Althea. She probably thought I was dead in a ditch somewhere.

I could feel that O Desmós was straining too. I could feel her pain, her sorrow. It hurt more than being shot and Téfra was trying to claw his way out.

(The Bond) (Ashes)

My poor Althea... I could remember what she last said toe before I blacked out

"Don't leave me! Evan! You said— what about our family—"

We will have our family my love, I'm going to find her and bring her home. No one, not even her father, will stop me.

I love her...

"Don't beat yourself up, Althea could've been the one shot if you hadn't interfered. A shot like that would've killed her..." he chimmed as he drove down the highway.

"Yeah well now she's gone and she thinks I'm dead. I can feel her pain..." I muttered.

"I may have protected her but I didn't protect her heart..." I seethed.

How could I be so stupid?! She's hurting now, I failed to protect her!

"Evander—"

"Do you know what the last thing we spoke about was?" He shook his head, "Starting our own family!" I scoffed, "How could I even think about a family when I couldn't even protect her!" I asked, spiralling.

"You need to give yourself some credit. What part of 'that bullet would have killed her' did you not understand?"

I'm coming for you Althea...

♠️♠️♠️