Tales of the Past

Your POV

I walked out to the gardens and sat next to the white roses. I didn't know what it was about them that were so beautiful. I laid on my back and looked up at the sky, watching the clouds blow by. Everything was so peaceful. I sighed and smiled. Little moments like these meant everything to me.
"Mind if I join you?"
I looked over and saw Undertaker standing there. I shook my head.
"Go ahead. The more the merrier, right?"
He laid down next to me and looked up at the sky.
"Surely you can't see very well like that. Here, let me help you."
I moved the hair out of his face to find that he was actually a very beautiful person. His bright green eyes looked at me. My cheeks turned pink and I looked back at the sky.
"We used to do this all the time. You would get so excited when you could make a shape out of one of the clouds."
I looked over at him.
"I'm sorry I can't remember anything. If I could, I really would. I might not be able to remember the old memories, but we can always make new ones, right?"
He smiled.
"I would like that."
"Will you tell me about my past? Just funny things you remember."
He nodded.
"I remember when you first met Grell, and you were completely overwhelmed. I mean it's understandable, but the look on your face was hilarious. You looked at me almost as if you were asking for help."
I smiled.
"We're me and Grell friends?"
He nodded.
"You two were best friends. Almost inseparable. You always used to tease your dad about having a crush on her. He would get so mad."
I laughed.
"So what you're telling me is that I need to make fun of my dad more often."
We both laughed and looked up at the sky again.
I gasped and pointed.
"Look, it's a cat!"
He started laughing hysterically, and I didn't know why. I looked over at him and he was wiping his eyes. He was really cute. He looked over at me and smiled.
"You're so cute when you get excited."
I blushed and looked back at the sky. It was starting to turn orange, the color of a beautiful sunset.
"I really wish that there was a way I could remember."
He nodded.
"Don't worry about it too much, love. We're all still here for you, remembering or not."
I smiled and I felt his hand on mine. I intertwined my fingers with his and he squeezed my hand. I looked over at him and smiled. I wish I could remember what we had before.
"How long have we known each other?"
He sighed.
"I would say about a year. It feels like a lot longer than that, though."
I looked back up at the sky and watched the sunset.
"We used to sit on the roof of my shop, talking and watching the sunsets like this. We would spend hours baking in the kitchen, until you'd dump the flour on my head and we didn't have enough to make anymore. We'd sit there and laugh, because you would tell me I looked like a crack addict."
I giggle. I could totally see myself saying that, too.
"Man, that must've made quite a mess."
He giggled.
"Who cares about the mess when you're having fun? It was all worth it. I wouldn't change a single thing about us."
"Not even me not remembering?"
I looked over at him.
"Everything happens for a reason, dear. Well find out way back to each other in the end. We always do."
I nodded and looked back at the sky, just talking about random things until my father started yelling for me.
"(Y/n)! It's time to come inside!"
I sighed and stood up, offering my hand to Undertaker to help him up.
"Are you coming in?"
He shook his head.
"I think I'm going to stay out here for a little bit, if you don't mind. I'm not tired."
I nodded and started to walk away, but I turned to say something to him.
"Undertaker?"
"Yes love?"
"I'll see you tomorrow before the ball. I'm really looking forward to it."
I turned and walked inside, where my father was waiting for me.
"What were you two doing out there for so long?"
I smiled.
"Just watching the sky. It's very entertaining, you know."
He sighed and pulled me into a hug.
"Go get some sleep, (y/n). You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow."
I nodded and yawned.
"Goodnight Dad. I love you."
I could see the shock on his face when I said that.
"Goodnight (y/n). I- I love you too."
I walked to my room and flopped onto my bed, thinking about everything Undertaker had told me. My life sounded amazing. My chest started hurting really bad and I stood up out of bed. I hit my chest a couple times and started coughing. It felt like there was something tearing my chest apart. I kept coughing, and about five seconds later a piece of black glass came out of my mouth. There was a bunch of blood in my mouth, so I went to the sink. I rinsed out my mouth and went to bed.

Third Person POV

Undertaker was still laying there, hours later. Looking up at the sky and thinking about her. He loved her with all of his being, and it broke him knowing that she no longer felt the same. He was going to try his absolute hardest to make her fall in love with him again, no matter how hard it was. Meanwhile, a pesky spider was watching through
(y/n)'s windows. He watched her cough up the glass, and he knew that all of his suspicions were slowly coming true. The demon half of her soul was solidifying and dying. When her mother had stabbed her, it was with an angel blade. Angel blades are made specifically to purify people before they were sent to heaven. Even though (y/n) hadn't died, the poison in the blade had still affected the demon half of her soul.