~Silence~

Silence was a horrid thing that cursed Elsa as a young girl. It was something that she tried to drown out with mumbles from time to time, but the madness of her voice being the only one could almost drive her to insanity each day.

Occasionally, about once a week, her tutor came in to give her an hour-long lesson. But they were so dull and boring that Elsa would often zoom out and into her thoughts; the only things that ever kept her company.

Her parents very rarely visited her. Once a month was the usual schedule, with the exception of her birthday. But even then her dear sister never came.

She never saw Anna. She was locked away in her room without the cheerful voice of her sister; a voice she knew quite well since she countlessly asked her if she wanted to play. But it wasn't the same. It was muffled and it only did last about two minutes, at least, Elsa guessed that was how long it lasted.

Elsa didn't even have a clock to accompany her. That was fine, it would really only add to her madness.

What she really didn't understand was why her parents would cage a bird near a window. She was only a delicate dove who would do anything to fly, but she was caged by the window, where she was forced to see the soaring eagles, not that there were too many.

The kingdom had grown dull since the gates were closed. They had even cut most of their trade partners, so Elsa could no longer find the man who carried in the boxes and talk to him while hours passed.

Often Elsa just laid on her bed, staring upward at the frosty roof. She'd pick at the fluff on her velvet gloves, sighing. The silence blanketed her, her ears ringing. Her thoughts maybe comforted her, but not often. Her thoughts were filled with sorrow and worry, so she refused them the majority of the time.

And as years passed nothing really changed, until the death of her parents. Then the silence seemed to become worse. She needed to be queen soon and had nothing but madness in her mind.

Eventually the silence was gone, the day of her coronation. That was when she let it go.