Chapter 15

Year 5
(From book 3-Prisoner of Azkaban)

Over a month had passed and Oliver asked me on several more dates, all of which I said yes too. Due to the excitement of Ravenclaw winning over Hufflepuff- which meant Gryffindor was still in the running- I kissed him, making our ‘relationship’ public.

It was the last Hogsmeade before Christmas break- Fred and George were using the map to find Harry to give the map to him. We (Fred, George, Lee, and myself) had all agreed that we should pass it down to the younger group of troublemakers. I was waiting in the doorway where they would be giving the map to him, so that way I could keep watch. I sighed impatiently, until I saw both Fred and George dragging something invisible. Why am I not surprised?

They entered the room and sat, who I assumed was Harry, down.
Harry took off the invisibility cloak and asked, “Why did you do that? How come you guys aren’t in Hogsmeade?”

“We came to give you a bit of festive cheer before we go,” Fred replied, giving him a sly, mysterious wink. “Don’t be so sour.”

George looked over at me to make sure the coast was clear and I gave him a thumbs up. He turned back around and beamed at Harry.

“Consider it an early Christmas present Harry, from us to you,” George said, still smiling like an idiot. He was obviously in a good mood, but for what reason I was unsure.

Fred pulled out the map for his cloak with a dramatic flourish and Harry just stared at it as it was placed in his hands.

“What is this?” Harry asked, thoroughly confused and suspicious. 

“It’s the secret to our success,” George explained, patting it fondly.

“It’s a wrench that we are giving to you,” Fred said. “We all decided that your needs are greater than ours.”

“We have it memorized anyways and have explored everything on it,” George added on. “We don’t really need it anymore.”

“But it’s just a bit of old parchment.” Harry said, like it was the most obvious thing. Fred, George, and I all winced at those few words.

“...A bit of old parchment!” Fred said, closing his eyes with a grimace upon his face like Harry had just mortally offended him. “George, please explain- I can’t with him right now.”

“When Fred and I were in our first year, Harry- young, carefree, and innocent—“

Harry and I both snorted at the word ‘innocent’, which the twins never have been. George cast me a look and rolled his eyes.

“— well more innocent than we are now. Anyways, we had gotten into a bit of a spot with Filch, because we set a dungbomb off in the corridor and it upset him somehow.”

“So he hauled us into his office threatening us with the usual-” Fred joined in, over his hurt feelings already.

“—detention—“

“—disembowelment-“ 

“—dinner deprivation—“ I chorus in, knowing the story by heart- mostly because I caused the distraction.

“—and we couldn’t help noticing a drawer in one of the filing cabinets marked Confiscated and Highly Dangerous.”

“Don’t tell me—“ Harry started to say, a smile engraved on his face.

“Well what would have you done?” Fred asked rhetorically. “Cass and George caused a diversion by dropping some more Dungbombs, while I whipped the drawer open and grabbed- this.”