Chapter 9

Year 5
(From book 3-Prisoner of Azkaban)

Minor curse word and minor abuse warning ⚠️

“Yeah,” Lee said, jumping into the interrogation, “and is he good at kissing?”

“What?!” George and I both exclaim. My face was dusted with a light pink already and now I’m pretty sure it got darker. 

“You heard me.”

I gaped at Lee, and looked at George- who was matching my expression exactly. I could not believe he just said that, and especially in front of George. I looked around the room and saw that Fred was nowhere in sight, but his bed curtains were closed.

“Where’s Fred?” I ask, not only hoping to change the subject but out of curiosity as well.

“Sleeping.” George replied, “Stop trying to avoid the question.”

I narrowed my eyes and walked over to Fred's duvet, then pulled back the curtain. “He’s not even here. So I’m going to ask again, where is Fred?”

They both made brief eye contact and looked back at me, not sure what to say. Then George burst out the answer suddenly.

“He’s looking for Wood!”

“What!” I exclaimed back, this could not be happening. Fred was way too blunt and I had a feeling he wouldn’t be subtle right now. I rushed out of the room and bound up the stairs to the seventh year boys dorm. I knocked on the door and none other than Percy Weasley answered.

“Is your brother here?” I asked breathlessly, gasping for breath. I was not a sprinter.

“Fred or George? Yeah he’s here.” I shoved past Percy and stormed up to Fred. He was currently sitting on Oliver’s bed and trying to talk to him, but it looked like Oliver had no clue what he was talking about. The poor guy looked exhausted.

“Look Fred, can you just tell me what you came to tell me- so I can go to sleep.” Oliver said, while pinching the bridge of his nose to stay awake.

“That won’t be necessary, Fred’s leaving. George really needs you in our dorm now.” I cut in, while grabbing his shirt collar- making him stand up. I dragged Fred towards the door to leave, as he protested.

“Cassie?” Oliver said, slightly confused.

“Yes?”

“Never mind. Goodnight.”

I looked back and saw Oliver looking at me with his head tilted to the side. He was leaning against the bed posts and his arms were crossed in front of him.  The fact that I was in his dorm made me flustered enough, but the fact that he was shirtless made me almost die of embarrassment. I turned away quickly and muttered, ‘goodnight’ and then stalked out the door with Fred in tow.

As soon as we got out of their dorms, I hissed at Fred, “What were you thinking?!” And I let go of his shirt collar.

“Oh, c’mon, Cass I was just curious.” He said jokingly, as he started walking back to our dorm.

“Curiosity killed the cat, Fred.” I muttered, but it was almost a growl and followed after him. 

“And satisfaction brought it back.”