Rough waves

"Please! I'll do anything just join us for a game! I'm begging here." Takeda on his hands and knees begged in front of the schools volleyball team.

     "Oh please save yourself the embarrassment. We're not playing your lousy team." The coach laughed and sent him out the door with a slam.

     Another denial. That's the 5th today! Damnit, they had a coach all they needed were a few practice games before their match against Shritorazowa. Only a few teams were interested even after seeing their game against the famous Oikawa Toru. Still it's not enough.

    Takeda was under an insane amount of stress, he didn't want to bother the teams coach, Ukai, with his own problems. He knew perfectly well that he already had his hands full studding all of the other teams players and analyzing their skills. He had no time for Takeda's problems either.

    With his tail between his legs Takeda walked back to the school, usually not getting a game was no big deal but in their situation it was. It was their last chance at nationals, the 3rd years last hope to play on the big court. He needed to get them there.

    On the way back he made a few more phone calls to other schools begging and pleading for just one game. All rejected. His stress levels kept growing, his worst fear was seeing his boys walk off that court for the last time. He couldn't imagine it. So he kept calling. No luck.
-
    "Takeda's back!" Hinata called once he saw the door open, the familiar sparky red head appeared right before him which only made him feel worse.

    "Any luck sir?" Daichi asked calmly unlike the crazy duo in front of him.

    "No. I apologize, I will continue to search don't worry. I won't let you guys down!" Takeda announced with a deep bow the tears in his eyes hidden.

    "Don't sweat it too much Takeda! We'll do it either way! Right guys." Suga patted his shoulder getting the others to show their dedication.

    "Right!" All of the boys present in the court yelled.

     "Good now head home and get some rest. You too Takeda sir." Daichi packed his things along with the others and left the gym. Takeda did the same, looking back with a sigh he headed to the store before going home.
-
     "Ahh, what do I owe the pleasure to you this time specs?" Ukai asked, leaning over the counter with a cigarette lit in between his lips.

     "You shouldn't be smoking inside you know. It drives away the costumers." Takeda replied sliding the cigarette out from Ukais lips and walking out the door with it held in his index and middle fingers.

     "I have an ash tray right here?" Ukai was confused but followed him, he knew something was wrong. Takeda was never this blunt.

     Ukai walked out the door to see Takeda leaned against the store window the cigarette still lit in his hand. Takeda glanced at the lit tobacco in his grasp before taking a slow drag. Letting the smoke fill his lungs gradually replacing the oxygen, then pulling the cigarette away he let the smoke flow from his lips. Head tilted back, eyes closed. This was a sight Ukai had never seen before.

     "Takeda, you don't smoke? What's gotten into you?" Ukai took another cigarette out of the half empty pack and lit it as he sat next to Takeda.

     "Just needed something to relieve the stress. Today has been hell, I won't get addicted." He used his thumb to flick the built up ashes off the tip then, taking another drag he laughed.

     "You seem quite tense too Ukai."

     "Guess we're both pretty stressed about the coming up game, huh." Ukai couldn't resist looking at Takeda as he continued letting the smoke drip from his lips, he was so tired he didn't even bother blowing it out.

     "I couldn't get a single game scheduled today, not a single one." He signed finally opening his eyes staring down at the object still held in his hand yet smaller in size with the passing time.

     "Have a little faith in our boys. They're good you know. We don't need to wear them out with needless practice games anyway." Ukai patted Takeda on the shoulder before putting out his cigarette and walking back inside. Takeda stayed behind to finish his off.
-
     "Let's go specs." Ukai took away his cigarette stepping on it to put it out.

     "Go where, I thought you still had a couple hours of work?" Takeda asked looking at Ukai tiredly.

     "You need to have some relaxing time with your boyfriend. We don't get enough of that. I'm closing early today." Ukai grabbed Takeda's hand and drug him to the yellow mini van sat in front of the store.

     Not much was said on the ride but Takeda noticed the faint smell of Ukai's cologne mixed with smoke from his newly lit cigarette. A small smile on his face as he took a deeper breath.

    "Can I have another drag please, baby?" Takeda asked as he opened his hand for Ukai to put his cigarette in.

     "No, you said you wouldn't get addicted. Don't pull the baby card just to get a hit." Ukai scolded the older man, he didn't want his partner getting addicted as well, he knew how bad it was.

    "I already said I wouldn't. What's wrong with baby? You're younger anyway." Takeda said with his groggy voice, taking the cigarette out of Ukai's fingers and inhaling the smoke once more before giving it back.

    "Aren't you just being a brat today, I'll excuse it because I know you're having a hard time." Ukai ruffled his hair, taking a hit.

    Although Ukai hated to admit it he thought Takeda looked so hot when the smoke left his lips, he looked like a different person but at the same time it pained him to see Takeda hurting his body.

    Takeda looked out the window to see the drive way to Ukai's house which he had been to countless times he may as well call it his own...