Chapter 5

"Keefe?" Sophie asked. "Keefe?"

"What's wrong beautiful, it's like three in the morning?" Keefe replied his voice muffled and sleepy. 

"Somethin-" her voice broke.

"Something's wrong"

Keefe was awake in seconds and quick to find her hand. 

"What is it? What happened?"

"Can you hail Elwin, quickly?" 

Sophie was almost in tears now.

Keefe nodded and raced quickly to grab his Imparter. Elwin answered after the third ring slightly sleepy and still in pajamas with what looked like banshees on it. Keefe handed the imparter straight to Sophie and clapped his hands to turn the lights on in the room.

Elwin changed from sleep eyed to alert in less than a second when he saw Sophie's face. 

"Sophie i need you to relax and breathe. I will gather my supplies and be there soon"

Elwin's face blinked off the imparter and Sophie let out a sob. Keefe wrapped her in a hug and kissed the top of her head. 

"What's wrong baby?" Keefe asked again.

Sophie tried to reply but was sobbing too much to say anything.

Within a few minutes Elwin arrived and Keefe rushed downstairs to get him reluctant to leave Sophie.

Elwin let in a sharp intake of breath that Keefe wasn't a good sign.

"I think you better stay in the hall, Keefe."

He protested slightly but seeing the pleading look on Sophie's face retired to the hallway. 

"Sophie i know that this is hard but you have to tell me what's going on otherwise i can't help you"

Slowly, Sophie quieted her crying to a small sniffle and managed to tell Elwin the dreaded truth.

"I thi.....I think I'm having a miscarriage"

Elwin was confused for a second before Sophie realised that as an elf he probably wouldn't understand what she was talking about. 

"It....it means i'm...............................losing the baby"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys, sorry for such a heavy chapter, there's a lot to unpack so I'm just gonna dive right in.

First of all I tried to make this scene as accurate as possible and did a lot of research before i wrote it in order to make sure i was staying true to this experience. I personally have never been pregnant or had a miscarriage so this isn't something I've had personal  experience with. I hope i did write this the right way but if there was something i missed or got wrong please tell me and i will try and fix it up. 

Secondly i put my heart out to anyone who has experienced a miscarriage it's a tough experience to go through and whoever has is stronger than i will ever be. Remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thirdly I'm also not sure if Elves can go through miscarriages but even if they can't Sophie is pretty unique and different so she might be a special case. That's also why Keefe doesn't know what a miscarriage 

Fourthly to all of the people i'm guessing aren't too happy with this turn of events i'm sorry. However i don't regret writing the plot this way and i think it was a needed addition. I also won't promise anything but baby Foster-Sencen no. 2 might still make an appearance.

Love to all, Mollie

P.S I'm also wondering whether i should do a Christmas themed chapter soon, let me know what you think.