Chapter Two

Sophie opened the, door surprised to see and determined looking Biana perched on the doorstep.

"Umm, Hi Biana. What are you doing here?" Sophie said while frantically adjusting her baggy sweatshirt over her stomach.

"Oh I dunno" she started. "Just dropping by to see my best friend who has BEEN IGNORING ME FOR TWO WEEKS!!!!"

"I don't know what you're talking about Biana"

Her face showed otherwise.

"I don't believe that at all but I haven't seen you in forever so I'm not going to argue"

"Would you like to come in" Sophie said

She was trying not to seem to abrasive even though the cramps in her stomach were jarringly painful. She was kind of used to them now but standing up didn't help

"Yes" Biana said in a duh-tone and pushed her way through.

They both settled on the couch, Sophie with a cup of herbal tea and Biana clutching a cup of coffee. Sophie was extremely careful to hide her bulging stomach. She hadn't told any of her family or friends yet as her and Keefe lived quite out of the way and removed from the rest of them.

They did visit occasionally and had even started to celebrate Christmas in honour of Sophie's human upbringing but during recent years the visits had become fewer and further between.

"So care to fill me in on what has happened in the last couple of weeks you've been avoid- sorry, that we haven't talked" she said this unapologetically and then took a pointed sip.

Sophie resisted the urge to roll her eyes at Biana's typical behavior.

"Umm nothing really"

"Why are you home today? I thought it had been really hectic with the Council at the moment?"

"I wasn't feeling so well so i stayed home. How did you get the day off?" Sophie lied through her teeth.

She didn't want to lie to her best friend but there hadn't been many opportunities to tell her and she wanted to make sure that she told everyone together. She also like having this little secret. A thing that only Keefe and her shared before they were brought into the world and she had to share their little one with everyone.

The Council knew though as Sophie had needed an excuse for why she would be off work for at least 2 months, Keefe had argued with her though and made sure that she took more time off. She had made them promise that no one would tell anything before she and Keefe had.

"Well the matchmaking office has been really slow at the moment, i guess a lot people feel like they don't need it anymore" Biana started before launching into a discussion about her love life and "useless men"

"Hey honey, I'm home" called Keefe from the front door with his usual greeting. "Do you want me to get started on dinner, or will we have it later? I know the morning sickness hasn't been to good for your appetite anyways"

Sophie fought the urge to swear and glanced at Biana to see if she'd noticed Keefe blurt out.

She had. The look on her face said it all. Sophie sighed before calling out to her husband.

"Keefe i think you'd better come in here"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading

Mollie