Starting Classes

The first day of classes start today, everyone will be getting their schedules in the Great Hall during breakfast this morning. Aritzia opened her eyes slowly to the gleaming sun coming through the window. She looked at the clock and decided to get ready for her first day of classes. Climbing out of her bed she noticed Mica and Ophelia were gone but Katherine was sound asleep. Deciding to wake up her friend Aritzia taped on her shoulder causing her to wake up.

"What time is it?" groaned Katherine. "It's already 8:00 we need to go to the hall to get breakfast and our schedules." Katherine slowly climbed out of bed, her red hair in a mess but quickly changed into her robes and they headed to the Great Hall.

As they got to the hall it was extremely packed with students at every table. Headmaster Dippet began speaking, " Today is the first day of classes and you'll all be receiving your schedules shortly from the head of your house. Please keep in mind to attend your classes and ask questions if you have any. Good luck on your first day." Aritzia was extremely anxious about what classes she will be getting and who's in her classes. She hoped that Katherine would be in a majority of her classes considering she's her only friend.

Poppy gave Aritzia and Katherine their schedules and wished them a good luck before handing out schedules to other students. Aritzia looked down at the paper to see what classes she will be attending this year and noticed she had seven classes. She read the following,

Aritzia Carter
1938 Schoolyear schedule
Monday: Transfiguration at 9:00, Charms at 10:30, Potions at 1:00
Tuesday: History of Magic at 8:30, Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA) at 11:00, Herbology at 2:00
Wednesday: Transfiguration at 9:00, Charms at 10:30, Potions at 1:00, Astronomy at 9:00pm
Thursday: History of Magic at 8:30, Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA) at 11:00, Herbology at 2:00
Friday: no classes

Aritzia sighed looking at her schedule noticing she had astronomy at 9:00 pm, a class she wouldn't be looking forward to considering she likes to sleep early. Katherine grabbed Aritzia's schedule and compares hers to her own. " We only have one class together... Charms." Katherine said. Aritzia knowing she practically have no friends in any of her classes was now not looking forward to attending them. "Anyways I got to head to DADA now, bye Aritzia." Aritzia waved to Katherine before heading to her first class of the day Transfiguration.

Walking to her class Aritzia kept her head down not looking at where she was walking when she ran into someone. "Watch where you're going" Aritzia looked up and noticed a tall slim boy who was extremely pale. His hair was straight and the lightest shade of blonde she's ever seen, his eyes were a sky blue color, with a chiseled nose and sharp cheekbones. "Sorry , I wasn't looking at where I was going." " It's fine, just be more careful next time eh? Anyways I'm Malfoy, Abraxas Malfoy." He held his hand out for Aritzia to shake, hesitating for a moment, she shook his hand. "I'm Aritzia, Aritzia Carter," she said with a soft voice. "Anyways I have to go to Transfiguration now or I'll be late," " Hold on, I have that class too, let's walk together." Aritzia nodded slightly before walking to Transfiguration with Abraxas.

Arriving to her class she noticed a middle aged man standing in the front of the classroom. Behind him, he had written his name on the chalk board Professor Dumbledore. Looking around the class she noticed the seats were split off in pairs and before she could sit down in the back of the class, Abraxas softly grabbed her arm to follow him to the middle of the room and they sat down. Shortly after, the room was filled with other first years, many she didn't recognize. Once everyone was settled, Dumbledore started his lesson.

"For the first lesson of the year I want you to be able to transform a textbook into mice. This spell is otherwise known as the Snufflifors spell. You simply wave your wand and say Snufflifors, now if you aren't successful with your first try it's understandable. Do not worry if you can't conjure it, I will be here to assist you," stated Dumbledore.

Aritzia muttered Snufflifors towards the book with her wand in hand hoping it would work. Sadly, the book was still merely a book not a mice like she had hoped. Abraxas who was seated next to her also muttered Snufflifors with no success as well. " Darn it, this is much harder than I thought it would be," said Aritzia. "I have to say, I thought I would've gotten it on my first try." "Don't be so cocky Malfoy, I'm sure no one can conjure it on their first try." Aritzia and Abraxas spent the rest of class trying the Snufflifors Spell, towards the end of class Aritzia was able to transform the book into a mice, Abraxas on the other hand wasn't. "I have Charms now, bye Malfoy." "See you soon Carter."

Leaving Transfiguration, Aritzia was now headed towards Charms, with a small smile on her face that she made another friend today, Abraxas. Once she arrived to Charms, Aritzia noticed Katherine and sat down next to her. "Hey! How was Transfiguration." " Honestly, I enjoyed it, I made a new friend Abraxas. He's pretty nice and we-" before Aritzia could continue Katherine screeched. " MALFOY? ABRAXAS MALFOY? YOU'RE FRIENDS WITH HIM?" Aritzia was confused, she had no idea why Katherine was acting like this out of no where.

" You do realize he's part of the Sacred 28 right? Pure bloods who believe that muggleborns and halfbloods are not as skilled and talented as them." Aritzia was hesitant to tell Katherine more about Abraxas considering her opinion of him already. She thought he was a nice boy who was her friend. Instead of arguing with Katherine, Aritzia decided to open up her textbook and pay attention to class.

OMG. this is my first 1000+ word chapter! Anyways, what do you guys think about Abraxas? Do you think he's actually nice and trying to be friends with Aritzia. Let me know in the comments! ALSO WE MEET TOM NEXT CHAPTER SO GET EXCITED.