Chapter 11: Preparing for Thanksgiving (First Part of Thanksgiving Special)

1 week later...

The girls, the chao and Gemerl went to Cream's house to help cook food for Thanksgiving, including the main part of the celebration: "the roasted turkey". Destinee helped with cutting vegetables, which led to helping Runa make salad. Cream and Amy were making homemade apple pie. Vanilla was cooking roasted turkey while Gemerl made the rest of the food needed for Thanksgiving. As for the chao, they helped them when needed. But what about Rouge? Well, we're about to find out.

"Hey, Rouge. Are you gonna help us with cooking food?", asked Runa.

"You're all doing great hon, but I don't want to get my hands dirty", answered Rouge standing near the kitchen.

"You can watch over our finished products if you want. Just don't eat them until it's time to celebrate Thanksgiving", Runa reminded her.

"I know", replied Rouge knowing what she's going to do as she watched them with the cooking.

With Destinee, though she's cutting vegetables, she kept thinking about Espio and how they both got along. Ever since they retrieved the Golden Dragon, she wondered if she had feelings for him or if he's like a brother to her. Somehow, she felt like it was more than just a brother-friend and her guardian.

Without thinking, she asked Amy,"What about Espio?".

"Oh, him? He's just helping the boys with decorations and table settings, which are held in a place where we could actually celebrate Thanksgiving. Who knows? Maybe they'll tell us when we're done", answered Amy.

She chuckled and blushed slightly,"Yeah. They will".

Meanwhile, the boys and Omega were at the park decorating the Thanksgiving event, setting the table and doing the rest of the plans. Vector was in charge of music. Tails was in charge with all the technology and he was helping Vector whenever there's a problem.

Shadow was trying to help with the table setting, but Sonic used his speed to set the table quickly and got it done causing him to be annoyed, but he didn't show it. To the audience, he sighed a little frustratingly as he headed off to help with decorations.

He helped balanced the ladder leading Knuckles to decorate the lights properly. Charmy did his best to help others, but somehow ended up messing up with Espio's banner decorating. He sighed, but he didn't show how annoyed he felt.

What about Omega? Well, let's just say he helped others when needed and making sure it goes as planned.

While they're all preparing, Sonic spoke to Vector,"Sounds like it was your idea to celebrate Thanksgiving in the park. Do you mind telling us a reason?".

"Actually, it was Espio's idea", answered Vector,"We asked him for a reason, but he's so nervous that he couldn't talk".

Just then, Charmy swooped in finishing his answer,"And I could tell there's a reason by the blush on his cheeks".

Sonic smiled knowing what it meant.

Then, Charmy flew to help Espio with the banner. He tied the left side to the left trunk while Espio did the same on the other side.

After that, Espio spoke to him calmly,"Thank you, Charmy, but next time, try not to make a mess".

"Oh, sorry, Espio. I was just trying to help out with the decorations", replied Charmy as he flew to have a spot to help others.

If Destinee were around, things will be fine. But she's currently helping the girls with the food needed for Thanksgiving, he thought as a blush crept on his cheeks, And ever since we retrieved the Golden Dragon, I've wondering if I care that much about her. I may be her guardian like the prophecy said, but I feel like it's more than that. Maybe during the celebration, I might tell her how I feel in private.