Chapter 6

“It’s getting much stronger,” Mr. Eran said as he circles around me. “Your power’s getting out of hand, Isaiah.”

I tilted my head low and averted my green eyes away from his. “What does that mean?”

“It’s like a poisonous gas.” He muttered under his breath.

“Then why aren’t you affected?”

“I’m an elite mage, Isaiah.” He took his cloak off to show me his pin that was attached to his vest. “I am not affected by any of your curse, I have a protection.”

“Protection?” I asked, confuse. “Does others have that too?”

His eyes narrowed for a bit and he returned back his cloak. “No.” He answered shortly. “I’m immune to any curse.”

“Is it possible for other students to be immune too?” I asked.

“No,” He paused as he sat on his own comfortable chair. “But they can resist it.”

“Please enlighten me.” I countered back, confuse.

“A student can resist your curse through a curse resistant spell,” He glances at his wrist watch before he continues. “It’s a risky thing for it drains the user’s energy and it may lead them to death.”

My tongue felt like tons and I couldn’t seem to move it. “What about my curse?” I asked.

“No one stays long if they try to resist yours.”

~*~

Was it the reason why Victor’s not affected at all? Why would he do such a thing? There are other kids there that is much more better than me yet, why would he choose me?

“Something bothering you?” I snapped back to reality when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned my heel around so that I could face him but I only ended up crying on his chest.

“Hey, what’s the matter?” He asked as he soothes my back.

“It’s getting stronger,” I mumbled.

“Isaiah Jones.”

I look up at him and our faces were only inches apart. He took my chin and he looks at me straight in the eyes.

“Isaiah Jones, your name’s beautiful.” He smiled softly. “It’s not gonna kill me if I say that again and again.”

I smiled at his heart warming message and I hugged him even tighter. “Thank you.”