Body language

In movies, watch the physical gestures actors use. What do their hands or faces do to undermine or reinforce the words they might've saying? By doing this you build an wardrobe of physical gestures. Beginning writers will depict scene after scene where no one does anything expect talk. Just pages of dialogue.

—Have people move, dogs move etc...As we look around, our eyes move in jerking, jumping short movements. When a reader reads a verb it stimulates the part of the reader's brain involved with the actual action. When you read "kick" it excites the portion of your brain responsible for "kicking ". The more physical action verbs you read —kiss, kick, run, jump,— the more your brain is engaged.

— Now, consider how many ways we have to communicate with gesture: thumbs up, nods, shrugs, sighs , head scratching, nail biting, hair chewing, eye rolling, finger pointing, fist shaking, finger down the throat, knuckle biting, winking, blowing a kiss.

Make a list, and add to it as you recognize gestures. Build your vocabulary with them.

Nervous tics: people say more with their hands then they'd ever risk telling you with their mouths.

How do the gestures and positions of the characters help tell the story? How does the action distract the viewer from clumsy expositional dialogue? How does the action or gesture help pace the dialogue so that tension build? How does gesture underscore jokes and allow the audience enough time for a joke to "land" and laughter to build?