Chapter 9: Hear Me

I was alone in an abandoned music room. I slid my fingers to a piano that sat alone and was forsaken as well. How many symphonies and melodies had this instrument performed successfully and had been forgotten? I wonder.

My finger was attracted and magnetized to the keyboard. As soon as I played a note, it was followed by another note. Before I knew it, I started playing the piano.

It was a song very familiar to me, for I played it a hundred times. The story of the song was exactly my story. It's as if it was meant for me.

Drowned by the feelings for him, I expressed it by playing the piano. Every note was my emotion.

When will he hear this feeling that started ever since I saw him? I don't want to tell him this feeling yet I want him to know. Yes, it is crazy. For love is a bizarre thing.

As I was playing the bridge of the song, I heard someone sing the lyrics. "Unheard feelings I can't bear anymore. What should I do for you to hear them?"

I know she knows how to dance, but I didn't know she knows how to sing. And she has a talent for it. Quite better than dancing. My cousin is very much fortunate to have her as his destiny.

"I think I need a loud hailer for you to hear me. To hear me what I'm saying."

We both sang the refrain as our voices neatly synchronized. "Hey, hey. Listen. I have something to say. Your smile makes me happy. Your voice makes me sing, sing, sing."

I stopped, feeling a bit embarrassed for singing with her and suddenly blurting out my voice. She went near to me with her sweet smile.

"How can he hear you when you feel voiceless, Hina-chan?"

Chapter 9: Hear Me

*Hyuga Hinata*

"Come on. Tell me who is it Hina-chan." she begged. Well, she's been begging for a while now. It's not irritating though. I find this side of her cute. "I told you Ten-chan, I was just playing the piano. No meaning to it." I denied.

She just stomped her feet and begged even more. "No! I felt it. You played it will all your heart."

"No. I played it with my finger." I teased her.

She just continued to cry hysterically. Like a kid who lost his balloon and wants to buy another one. "You know what I mean. Please tell me. We're friends, right?"

I stopped and thought twice. Well, she is right. She might think that I doubt her. And she's not just my best friend, she'll be my future sister-in-law. And I should have someone to entrust my feelings with and not just hide it.

"I-It's..." I felt my cheeks flushed. I can't seem to speak out his name.

Suddenly, we saw a silhoutte, running right towards us. The next thing I knew I saw him. His face looked troubled and it seems like trouble is chasing him.

He stopped right in front of us. In front of me. He held both my shoulders and shook them rapidly. He looked at me with fear in his eyes and said, "Don't ever tell Sakura-chan I'm running this way!"

And without another word, he sprinted away. I stood there frozen, my temperature suddenly rising and building in my head. And without blinking, the memory stayed in my mind as if it won't sink to the depths of my brain.

"Have you seen Uzumaki Naruto come this way?!" The furious president asked with her fist clenched and her sleeves up showing her muscled arms.

"Uhh... I'm sorry kaichou, we haven't seen him recently. Try the canteen, maybe he's stuffing himself with miso ramen again." Ten-chan said and off Sakura-chan go.