Chapter 3: When You Meet The One

Same day, much earlier that morning...

I was up getting ready as I pack my things in my bag. I checked my study table if I forgot something to put in my bag. All that was left on top of it were novels, useless papers and some pens. I guess I was all set. I zipped my bag and was ready to hit the road. The masters must've been waiting for me now.

Before I left my room, I glance to a picture of a woman wearing a colorful kimono with a sweet smile and the cherry blossoms as her background. I was mesmerized by the picture and my eyes was locked to it for a long time. My own body suddenly moved by itself as I walked near to the picture and held it. Flashbacks played on my mind. Memories of the happy and forgotten past long ago seemed to play like some movie being flashed forward to the max. I was left there with my eyes still locked on the picture like I was being hypnotized and my body frozen.

I quickly went back to reality when I heard the conversation of the Head Family's daughters and my grandmother outside my room. "Whoo... I get to play some soccer and beat the boys! Sweet!" the younger sister, Hanabi-sama, yelled with her usual giddy tone. "I'm gonna see someone special to me today? I wonder who would that be..." the elder sister, Hinata-sama, seems to be thinking. Ahh... they both asked fortunes to my grandmother. I grew from a family of weird traditions and cultures. Not to mention, also hobbies...

"What about Onii-chan? What is his fortune today?" Hanabi-sama asked, and I bet her eyes are sparkling with excitement. Oh good, now they are interested in me? "Hanabi, do you think that you would cross the line if we intrude with Neji-niisan's forutne?" Hinata-sama told her younger sister. "Yup, it would cross the line." I thought. But I didn't make a noise, instead I stuck my ear to my door and continued to listen to their conversation.

"Oh come on, he won't know that we will know anyway." she sounded so confident about it. I sighed. She has no idea... "Ok, then... my grandson's fortune is very interesting." Grandma's words made me lean closer to the door so that I could hear clearly. "It seems he would meet a young Chinese girl in the Cherry Blossom path. And an unusual wind would surround the young lady with the pink petals and leaves of the cherry blossom. And when that happens, that is..." she prolonged the story. "Is what?" the sisters and I both asked in chorus, only I asked in my mind.

"That the girl is..." Grandma is really teasing me. She keeps prolonging it which makes me sweat all over and also made my heart pump so fast and loud! "... is his true love."

After that I heard them squealing like they saw a famous heartthrob in front of them . Oh? Is that it? Geez... I thought the whole thing was gonna make me drive crazy. Hmph, it's not important anyway. I'm just gonna meet my true lo-

I paused and realized that the whole thing can't sink in to my brain. Why now did I just realized that this is a major problem! I felt my head rose it's temperature despite that my body felt chills as I stood just frozen yet shaking. My eyes widened as my heart beat abnormally loud like I drank 10 pails of coffee. WHAT? MY WHAT?!

"AM I TOO YOUNG FOR THAT?!" I absentmindedly yelled like I was the only man in the world. Which was a wrong move because it made them stop squealing and my grandmother open my door. "Neji, is everything all right?" Oh crap!

"Oh... I apologize about that, I was talking to someone on the phone." I lied. "Onii-chan, you're all red. Did something happen?" Hanabi-sama asked as she pointed my face. "NO!" I accidentally yelled at her which made her hide behind her sister's back. Oh, damn it! Nice move Neji!

"N-No, w-what I meant was... that guy made me.... umm... buy porn magazines with him!" I stammered. That was the worst lie I ever said in my whole existence. I wish the ground would just eat me now. Grandma frowned. "You know, even if you're old enough, don't buy those things. Especially nowadays..." she, then, grinned and looked at the girls which made them giggle softly. Ugh, whatever. "Of course I won't. Anyway, we're gonna be late. We should go now." I said and walk pass them. Tsk, I don't believe in fortunes anyways.