Pushed Too Far

Back on the Infinity, Lasky was looking over the debriefing that Blue Team had brought back.

"So, this Spartan was a member of your old team years ago, but was classed MIA when his jetpack was damaged. And now he defends a colony from Insurrectionists and Covenant with an army of Prometheans, alongside one called the Oracle. And you came to the conclusion that it was best to just leave him there?", Lasky asked the four Spartans.

"Sir, with all due respect, the Prometheans are under his control. If we captured him, the Prometheans would likely have turned on us and endangered the entire colony. The citizens there seem to get along with the Prometheans.", Chief replied. Kelly plugged in a data stick which showed the colony and the Prometheans working together with reconstruction efforts, namely a Soldier using a Binary Rifle at a very low power setting to weld together some metal plates and a Knight helping civilians measure and cut metal beams for building supports. It also showed a Watcher giving a child a ride on its back and a Crawler playing fetch with a woman. The screen then showed Thomas helping a group of people move supplies with his augmented strength, before handing them a status update from his Prometheans who had told him the reconstruction of the barn was almost finished. The civilians thanked him and moved on. The final scene showed a Phaeton using a gravity lift to maneuver a piece of metal into place, where the civilians began welding it to the rest of the structure.

"Regardless of this, the Spartan is divulging ONI secrets and he needs to be brought in.", another Spartan said as they walked in with their team.

"Spartan Locke, you're seeing this right? The man has an entire army of Prometheans at his disposal

"Spartan Locke, you're seeing this right? The man has an entire army of Prometheans at his disposal. He could easily set them on us if he wanted to.", Chief exclaimed.

"Yeah Locke. You saw the Prometheans firsthand once. They were incredibly powerful and that was only a small force. What would happen if an entire army was put against us?", Buck asked.

"Regardless, we need to get that data back. Who knows how many of ONI's secrets are now out there?", Locke replied.

"I'll go. I received orders from Admiral Serin Osman herself to deal with him.", Palmer said and made her way to a Pelican, despite the protests of Lasky and Blue Team. Kelly ran up to Palmer as she made her way to the Pelican.

"You do realise that you risk turning an ENTIRE planet against us, and possibly the extermination of an entire colony full of innocent people because of one man, right?", she said trying to be reasonable with Palmer, but she was not listening.

"The man is a traitor and a war criminal.", Palmer replied as she flew the Pelican out of the hangar and towards the colony. When she landed, she came across a small group of Soldiers who were with a group of children. Without thinking, she destroyed the Soldiers which caused the children to cry and scream, running towards their parents to her confusion. The parents came out of their homes, furious with Palmer.

"What the hell did you do?!", the father of one asked.

"The Soldiers were attacking your kids, so I saved them.", Palmer replied without remorse in her voice.