Cutting the Head off the Snake

A few months later, the UNSC had suffered greatly due to Thomas' actions. Factions within had caused rioting on Earth, and civil war was close to eruption on Thomas' homeworld Kholo. Back on Gerifa, the civilians had been made aware of what ONI had done and severed ties with any UNSC assets. But they were welcoming of anyone who wished to live in the colony, despite being extremely cautious. Thomas was reading up on something in his home when the Oracle arrived.

"A message has arrived, addressed to you." he said with his hands clasped in concern. Thomas got up, put on his armor and followed the Oracle to a console they used for communications off-world. The Oracle typed up something on the console and Admiral Osman appeared.

 The Oracle typed up something on the console and Admiral Osman appeared

"Well well well....Spartan 632, the traitor." she said with distaste.

"Cut the bullshit Osman! You called me here, now spit it out!" Thomas said, his anger already high at the fact ONI was trying to contact him.

"I hope you are happy with yourself. What you've done has caused the UNSC to destabilize! We've been left vulnerable to attacks." Osman said with fury in her tone. Thomas simply folded his arms.

"I missed the part where this was my problem. After all, can't ONI just assassinate the Covenant hierarchy? You tried to take the Arbiter's head once. What's stopping you from eliminating the head of the Covenant?" he asked with disinterest.

"You have no idea what you've done! You've put innocent lives in danger!" Osman replied. Thomas removed his helmet and clenched his fists.

"You ONI people are all the same! You clearly didn't think about the lives of CHILDREN when you ripped us from our homes to be enslaved to a military we didn't want to fight in! Everything I've done is to expose ONI for the lying, deceitful piece of shit it always was! Cowards hiding behind events they themselves stage, in order to rip apart alliances that took years to create! The problem isn't me, it's YOU! It has always been you! When someone steps one foot out of line, you put a bullet in their head! You people ABANDONED me for years on end, you yourself called me EXPENDABLE! So do not come preaching to me, when YOU left me to die!" he shouted before he terminated the transmission and turned to the Oracle.

"Inform the colony that I will be leaving for Earth within the day." he said as he headed towards his Sabre.

"Sir, where are you going?" the Oracle asked in worry.

"To do something I should have done years ago. Be sure to remain in contact, in case I need you or anyone else." Thomas replied as he put on his helmet and got into his Sabre, taking off and heading into slipspace. He arrived at Earth a while later to see wreckage of UNSC ships everywhere. He noticed a few Prowlers monitoring the area and shot them down before he flew into the atmosphere, landing silently near the ONI base where he knew Osman was usually going to be. After killing a few ONI agents who were patrolling, he used the nearby lift and set course for the top floor. As soon as the lift doors opened, he was confronted with several Marines and ONI agents aiming weapons at him.

"Spartan 632, you are under arrest. By order of the Office of Naval Intelligence, you WILL surrender!" one of the senior agents said and Thomas simply put two fingers to his helmet. A few seconds later, several Knights and Soldiers appeared, along with a Warden.

"No, I don't think I will." Thomas replied before pointing at the agents and Marines. The Prometheans charged forward and Thomas walked past them with two Soldiers following him, heading right for Osman's office. He kicked the door down and promptly shot the two bodyguards with his Magnum before he grabbed Osman and slammed her against the wall.

"Spartan 632, I am issuing a direct order, release me!" Osman shouted.

"You are no longer in control of me, or my life! I am no longer your slave!" Thomas shouted in return before throwing her at the Soldiers. Thomas took out a picture of another Spartan, this one had 271 on her armor.

"Remember Emily-271? The one who you deemed unfit for work and had to send her to be 'removed from active duty'? Newsflash, she was my goddamn sister!!" he shouted at Osman and promptly punched her in the gut

"SHE! DIED! FOR! NOTHING! BECAUSE! OF! YOU! AND! YOUR! PATHETIC! ONI!" he shouted with each punch he slammed into Osman.

"Your sister died serving the UNSC, like you should have!" Osman responded with a growl.

"Yeah and instead of telling people the truth, you marked her as MIA. What are you trying to hide?" Thomas growled at her, before grabbing her throat.

"The civilians need to believe Spartans never die. We needed to keep that trust!" Osman replied.

"And what of the families of those who died? Don't they deserve to know?" Thomas replied, tightening his grip on Osman's neck.

"You were all cloned, to the families you had, you are already dead!" Osman said, giving a small smirk. Thomas had reached his limit. He pulled out his combat knife and severed her leg tendons, before motioning to the Soldier that held the Lightrifle.

"Kill her, and disintegrate her body!" he ordered and the Soldiers did just that. Thomas contacted all Promethean forces and ordered them to fall back before he jumped out the side of the building and landed near his Saber before he took off and flew away from the building, before he headed away from the planet and entered slipspace. During the travel through slipspace, he took out a recording device and played it back.

"You were all cloned, to the families you had, you are already dead!" the recording of Osman said. Thomas put it away and smirked under his helmet. With a recording of what Osman had said about the way the Spartans had been made, this would surely damage ONI once and for all. When he landed, he got out and set about sorting the recording into a file, before transmitting it to all available channels, which showed Osman's own voice. He had known full well of the cameras that had been in the building, and he knew they could be used to his advantage. One of the Soldiers had pulled the camera footage a few minutes ago and had submitted it to his HUD. With the recording of Osman and the camera footage, this would surely destroy ONI once and for all. Thomas smirked, knowing his retribution was complete. ONI was no more, and Osman was dead. But he thought back to Blue Team and worried they'd be caught in all this. After all, they were Spartan IIs like he was. He sighed and shook his head, knowing that they'd be welcome to be in the colony if anything happened to them. He also knew he had to contact them and arrange a rendezvous to inform them of what he had done, but for now he knew that ONI would be destroyed and all their secrets out for the entire public to see. To him, this had been a LONG time coming and it felt better than he imagined.