Chapter One

It has been a couple of years since the incident with my grandmother. I have heard stories that my great, great, great, great, grandmother went missing. Every girl in the family has heard the story of Alice Liddell and how she got lost in a rabbit hole. Everyone thought it was a disgrace to the family. Every girl was forced to go to a mental hospital to make sure that it didn't run in the family, and let's just say the tests weren't as great as a 8 year old would imagine. I very much hated the tests and had to take them every month. They consisted of your blood being drawn, after they would ask you if you'd seen anything different, and then it would end with a mental health analysis which in the end of all the testing, I am the one asked about my anxiety. That is the only thing wrong with me.

        My mother was put in a mental hospital for seeing a rabbit man that tried to take her down a hole. She still lives there and every once in a while, I'll go to see her and listen to her story about the rabbit man. She tells me of the man with pure white hair and white bunny ears sticking out of his head. She tells me how he called her Alice, and tried to pull her down the hole and how she kicked him and ran. Many thought I was going to be just like my mom and grandmother, Alice, because I looked just like her in her young age; except for my shorter hair and button nose I looked just like her. I was told she loved to take naps and that she was an amazing person until her sister disappeared, and then she went crazy. I guess if my sister died I would go crazy too.

        I live in a the same house as my great, great, great, great grandmother and everyone from her time on. My mother took it when she was old enough and had a family of her own, it made sense, since she was the oldest after all. I enjoyed the nice rose garden outside. It was like a maze and benches lined the maze. In the middle there was a huge fountain with benches all around it. That was my favorite place to be. I found it easy to go there, with no one pestering you to go to school, no one yelling at you for not doing this right, or yelling at you for not being polite. My aunt and cousin live with us, they are very vulgar and hot headed and just plain rude. I wish I didn't have to share this place with them, and thank goodness they aren't allowed in the maze, thanks to my grandfather. He knows it's my place to just be myself, and lets me have that freedom. My aunt every once in a while will try to find her way to the center, but gets lost every time. So on my way out, I have to escort her out and then tell my grandfather that she broke the rules, after which she gets a big scolding from my grandfather, who knows that his daughter is plan out crazy in a different way then my mom is.

        I hate my family other than my mother, sister, and grandfather. The rest of them are absolutely nuts, my grandmother included. She hates me because she thinks that my older sister should have been the only daughter that my parents had. She also accuses that I'm the one that drove her crazy. They love my sister and brother. My younger brother is just like her. He thinks it's my fault that mother is insane also, because I was the last girl born. I hated that they treated me like that, but my mother and sister told me that it wasn't my fault. I guess that helped a little bit. I usually stayed in my garden and played the violin. It was the only thing that kept me sane with all the crazy, cruel people around me.

        They told me that all of the isolation was going to make me go insane, but I never listened I didn't need their bogus. I always had company anyways. His name was Toni, he was a small white cat that would come sit by me while I played, he seemed to enjoy it. He was my only friend, everyone else thought I was mental, with my family curse and all, so no one bothered trying to be my friend. I found his company quite relaxing. Toni and I, would wander around the forest, when my aunts insults became too much. That is where I would go so I could walk off all of her comments.