Chapter 3

Hachiman PoV

I slid open the clubroom door and walked out as normally as I could, but my thoughts were anything but normal.

'Shit'

'Shit'

'Shit'

'Damn it all!'

While I was expecting something to happen with me ignoring her messages, this was not an expected outcome, but then again, what did I expect? The devil is master of disguise and deceit, a trickster that controls his domain, someone who manipulates souls to drag them down to hell; and the person I'm involved with is certainly one, a devil that resides within the body of a human, only showing it's true colors to those it wished to drag down to hell.

I slightly winced as my shoulder bumped into someone, those guys didn't know how to throw a decent punch, I would probably be in the hospital if they did, but that didn't mean that those injuries didn't hurt dammit! Just this time, I found myself being grateful for the beatings I received from Hiratsuka-sensei, if not for them, even this scuffle could've been enough to send me packing. Thinking back on the turn of events, I felt anger arise within me.

But then again, this is partially my fault as well, even if it was kinda short notice, I had been warned, but I chose not to act upon it immediately. That was one of the current factors leading to this scenario, one that had led me to manipulate my own clubmates, and painting the poster guy, Hayama Hayato, as the supposed villain in this game. I suddenly felt sick, my stomach churned, adding to my discomfort, did I really take this much damage from a shake-down?

No, this was just my guilt eating me on the inside. Yukinoshita Yukino, even though she had turned down a request to be my friend twice, held a special place in my heart, over the time we had become something more than acquaintances, a strange bond had developed between us, we had a sort of mutual understanding, mutual trust maybe that we shared,.... and I, Hikigaya Hachiman had, shamelessly abused this bond to manipulate her and make her think about circumstances which did not exist.

Why did I do it again? Oh that's right, I looked like I was out of a bar fight and needed an excuse for a cover-up, giving Yukinoshita and Yuigahama fodder for thought was the easiest way out, I ended up using Hayama as a bait by setting him up, Yukinoshita was probably thinking along the line I threw her now, but that's alright, I don't think her relationship with Hayama is going to change because of this, plus she is not the type to spread rumors, so his reputation won't be affected either. Thinking about Hayama, my mind went back t the exchange we had a few hours back, when I talked to the real Hayama Hayato.

(Flashback)

I had entered the class a bit more late than expected, thankfully Hiratsuka-sensei let me off the hook this morning and allowed me to sit n class. The first lesson went by like a breeze, and while the class waited for the second lecturer to arrive and bore us for another hour, I felt a familiar figure approach me, the said figure had a perfect smile permanently plastered on his face as he nonchalantly walked over the class making small talk with guys and girls alike, smile non-faltering as he approached me,

"Hikitani-kun..."

'Ah, so the Prince of Sobu graces me, a commoner with his presence'-I thought sarcastically as I ignored him, we had made our mutual hate for each other clear many times in the near past and no good ever came out of him approaching me.

"Hikitani-kun..."

Oh, his voice was a bit more forceful this time, 'Maybe I'll see what he has to say'-I thought as I turned to him, his smile now seemed a bit strained, possibly irritated by me ignoring him, finally registering his presence physically, I gave him a nod.