Kill the Authority

"Sheele, please greet our newest members!"

Sheele looked up from her book where she sat at the large dining table in NIght Raid's secret base and looked at the two newcomers. She had been reading A thousand ways to cure being an airhead.

"Hmm...? Oh, hello, I'm Sheele."

"...that's it?" Razor asked.

"Yeah, pretty much..." Leone sighed, "She's an airhead for sure but she's way more dangerous than you'd expect."

Ah. I understand. Say no more.

"Wait! 

"Right here," Leone continued, placing a shoulder on the pink-haired wielder of the massive rifle from before, "Is Mine. She's basically a little tsundere with a big gun."

Razor stifled a laugh at Leone's quip but he wasn't fast enough. He glanced in her direction and felt daggers staring into his soul.

Mine immediately pushed Leone's hand off of her in annoyance.

"Ugh! Why did you even let these two into the hideout?? Especially that one,"

As Mine pointed a small slender finger at Razor with a frown on her face and cheeks puffed, Razor came to a profound realization.

She's... really cute.

"Come on, Mine. He's one of us now." Leone said.

Mine, unrelenting, stared at Razor, and then at Tatsumi.

"Huh? What's going on?" Tatsumi said nervously as the little girl peered him over.

Suddenly, Mine took a step back as if she'd decided something,

"Fail!"

"What?"

"I don't know about this one but you definitely don't look like you'd be able to fight with us professionals at all... Based on your face." Tatsumi's jaw dropped at the disrespect.

"Professiona-" Razor almost laughed. Razor wondered if Mine realized that she didn't look like a professional at all based on her face either.

"Don't take it to heart," Leone reassured Tatsumi, "She treats everyone that way."

"Hmph!" Mine left the room, clearly irritated.

"Next is our resident man's man Bulat. Up until you two arrived, he was our only male member. Bulat was once a soldier of the Empire, who became famous and gained the nickname 100 Man-Slayer Bulat. I'd say that nickname speaks for itself."

"Nice to meet you, Razor and Tatsumi." The huge man held out a hand.

Woah, ok. This guy is uncomfortably manly.

"Likewise," Razor said as he shook his hand.

As soon as their hands touched Leone dropped a bomb.

"He's gay."

I knew it!

"Hey now, they'll get the wrong idea, right?"

Bulat was talking to Leone but his eyes were squarely focused on Razor, who was beginning to sweat profusely.

His mouth says one thing, but his eyes say I shouldn't sleep anywhere but my titan tonight.

Razor and Tatsumi followed Leone around the nature of the base until they stumbled onto a green-haired boy lying prone looking out at the river.

Razor could hear him mumbling to himself,

"It's almost time for Miss Leone's bath..."

After realizing what he was trying to do, Razor looked to Leone who was watching right beside him, looked back at the boy, and begin to giggle silently.