F I F T E E N

15 | The beginning

"Get out!" My mother yelled again, but this time louder than the first. The crossbow went up higher, still aimed right at his neck.

"Jenna, put the crossbow down, ok? It's me." Alaric held out his hands.

"Stay away from me."

"What's going on?" Elena asked running into the area that we were in.

"It's me, Elena, I swear ok, he let me go, Klaus let me go." Alaric persuaded, hoping we would believe him and not shoot him with an arrow.

"Prove it." Damon crossed his hands, joining us.

"Ok, uh, the first night you and I spent together Jermey walked in right when I was about to-" Alaric said but stopped when he got cut off.

"Ok, it's him." My mom blushed.

I made a disgusted face. Poor Jeremy.

Stefan and Damon raised there eyebrows. "Why did he let you go?" Asked Stefan.

"He wanted me to deliver a message." Alaric says.

"Ok and, What's the message?" I ask.

"He says the Ritual happens tonight." He turns to face me. "He also said he wants Nora. He's looking for you."

————

I stormed into the mystic grill and saw Damon and Alaric sitting at the bar. "Damon Salvatore." I said storming up to them. I was beyond mad.

"Oh, gosh. Here we go." I hear Damon mutter under his breath.

"What the hell Damon! You fed her your blood! Why would you do that. That's wrong in like, a million ways! You don't force that on someone!" I whisper-shout, sitting on the seat next to him.

"I wasn't thinking straight." Damon defended himself. I scoff and turn around facing the direction Damon and Alaric where looking at.

"Gentlemen, Nora. Why so glum?" I hear a voice say. I turn around and face the most gorgeous man I think I've ever seen in my life standing in front of us.

"Ugh, Klaus I Presume." Damon mutters.

"In the flesh." He says. His British accent was to die for. What was I thinking? He was trying to kill my cousin. I couldnt think like this, why did the bad guys always have to be so hot?

"Thanks for the loaner mate." Klaus says directing it at Alaric with a nod of his head in the teachers direction.

"Any reason you stopped by to say hi?" Damon says standing up and standing slightly infront of me this move not missed by the thousand year old vampire.

"I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelgänger. Just though I'd remind you not to do anything you would regret." Klaus said, eyeing the movement Damon did.

"Ha." Damon said through a humorless laugh. "Thanks for your advice, I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?"

"You are kidding? He is kidding right?" Klaus asked looking over to Alaric.

"No, not really." Alaric responds, shaking his head.

"I mean come on, what's a month in the grand scheme of things?"

"Let me be clear, I have my vampire, I have my werewolf, I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight." Klaus said to Damon. "So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up."

He turned to face me. His blue eyes Pierced my green eyes. "And you, my love, I'll be seeing you very soon." He smirked and walked out.

I placed both hands in my lap. I started to clasp them together when I suddenly stopped. I raised my right hand and my face dropped in an instant. "My ring. Where's my ring?"

Damon turns towards me. "What?"

"My ring, it's gone." I say, trying to keep my voice down.

"What ring?" Damon asked me.

"The one that keeps me from changing into a wolf every full moon." I say. I immediately got up from my spot and dashed out the door and basically threw myself into my car and passed a red light trying to get home.

As soon as I was parked in the drive way, I hopped out and rushed up to my room. Once I looked literally everywhere, I started to panic. I've only ever been forced to chance four times, and it is not fun.

The last place I had it was at Alaric's apartment, for whatever reason I was there.  "Damn it!" I curse. That's where Klaus is currently residing. I take a deep breath and hope Klaus isn't there.

I drive to the apartment complex and run up the stairs to his— or Alaric's— apartment.

I stood outside of his door, listening with my hearing. I couldn't hear anything, and so, I opened the door and looked around. Empty.

I walked over to the specific drawer I had placed it on when I went to wash my hands. "Well look who it is." I heard that familiar voice. I turn around and see Katherine.

"Don't do that, you scared me." I said putting my hand on my chest. I removed my hand and slipped my ring on.

"Sorry. You scared me. For all I know you could have been a robber." She said and flopped on the couch with a playful smirk. "So, little one, why are you here?" She asked me taking a drink of her coffee.

"My ring, I left it here." She nods. Her eyes widen and she gets up and takes my arm and hides me. "Stay right here, do not move." She warned.

I nod and she leaves and sits on the couch. I hear the door open and someone enter. "Klaus." Katherine says calmly, but I can tell she's scared.

"Katerina." He greeted.

I froze.

"What have you been doing?"

"Making coffee." She said holding up a cup. "Do you want some?"

He sped to her and held her up by her throat.

"Tell me what you've been doing." He compelled her by the sound of it. I stay frozen, shutting my eyes and trying my best not to move.

"Making coffee." Katherine says. He sets her down and she gasps for air. That's right, Damon mentioned something about him giving her vervain.

"Wait. Take off your bracelet." He ordered. I heard the movement of her taking it off. "Now, I want you to walk over to the window and stand in the sunlight."

My hand flew to my mouth.

"But I'll burn." Katherines voice was shaky.

"You don't have a choice."

I started to hear screaming. I wanted to jump out and push her out of the way, but Klaus would see me. I'm not that stupid. Now that I think about it, it kind of sounds like an Elena thing to do.

"That's enough." I hear Klaus say. I hear Katherine sped and hit the wall by the shade. "Mm, guess I was wrong."

"All right then." He says. "I need you to do something for me."

I couldn't hear what he told her to do all I hear was someone leaving. After a few minutes I head footsteps my way.

"Nora." Katherine whispers. I step out into view and she lets out a sigh of relief. "He's gone, be careful."

I nod and open the door and leave the apartment complex. What did he need her to do? She looked at me with sympathy and regret. I didn't like either of those looks.