Kay Kelly

All right let start from the beginning. I am Kay Kelly, the adopted little sister of Jack Kelly, you know the big shot, the strike leader, the one and only. Yeah I know he's got a lot of names but his real name is Francis Sullivan and mine is Kaitlyn Harris. After our parents died, we had to look out for ourselves. Making new names, new identities, and moving somewhere where we can blend in. Things got a little tough after my brother got sent to the refuge, but I looked out for myself. And I know the stories saying that he got himself out of the refuge, but those, there not lies, and not the complete truth either. See we Kelly's have a way of improving the truth. The real truth is that he couldn't av' done nothin' widout' me. Now let's move on from my brother and let me tell you a bit about me from the fact that besides my name, you don't know nothin' about me. You may or may not have heard of the famous outlaw Kay Kelly. Yeah, that's me. I'm 15 years old and I don't have a permanent home, but I was born in Brooklyn, New York, while my brother was born in Santa Fe, New Mexico, that's why he's always wanted to go there again. My parents had some financial problems so they had to move to New York in order to provide for my brother. While on a touring trip of the city they for some reason had an urge to enter the orphanage, and that's when they adopted me. They moved me to Manhattan to live with them and Jack. Which is where I'm at now. I've been traveling all around the country looking for places real nice, like Santa Fe to live. But nothing, beats Santa Fe, nothing, from what Jack tells me. That's why for the past year I've been looking for a place to live, not just for me but for my brother to. Yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking. A 15 year old girl out on her own, running from the law, with no boy to protect her, with the bulls right on a tail, watching her every move, and still looking out for her family. Yeah that's also me. While my brother got the reputation of a leader who led the newsies on a strike, I got the reputation of an outlaw. An escapee from the law and the refuge. But I still care about my family, and Jack's the only family I have left. So I say it's about time for a visit. Boy have I got news for him.