37| Shrey's Wedding

Started writing on 14th November 2020.
Completed on 18th November 2020.
Word count : 4200 words
________________________________

– A Y A A N –

"Sir, Malhotra's sent a mail to pre schedule the meeting to today evening. What's your opinion?"

"Mmm... Do it. The eatables area need to boost up a bit." I said. My mind was constantly travelling back to yesterday night, all through the day. I'm such a fool!

How come I wasn't planned beforehand?

It's such a losing situation of me.

"Okay." Adarsh nodded and left.

Should I enquire Shrey about it? Of course not! He would make fun of me.

"May I come in, sir?" A voice bought me back from my dreams. I hummed and continued my work. After some time I heard a throat clearing sound and looked up.

"Divya? You're here?" I asked and she nodded. "Why did you call me sir?"

"Five months back, you were the one who lectured me for not knocking your door and, this and that. I was just following your rules." She said and smiled, but only in a professional way.

"What bought you here?" I asked copying her style.

"Can't I come here?" She asked. "Well, actually I needed to clear some documents and I need your help."

"My help? From when did you need my help? I'm such a loser who could only score a zero!" I said.

"Okay. I'm sorry. That was my fault. I shouldn't have had said that. It was all past." She said, sitting over the table.

"That's not a place to sit." I said.

"I know."

"Then why are you sitting there?"

"Because I want to." She said.

"Why do I think that you live your life in reversal? You were serious all the time in your childhood. And, now you want to compensate your life by being notorious in your adult life." I said and she started clapping.

"Such a good thesis! But it's all wrong."

"But it's all wrong." I said mimicking her. She slided a file towards me and directed me to open it. Opening it, I saw a document about our joint project with the Park's. "What to do with it?"

"Nothing!"

"Then why are you here?"

"I wanted to be here, with my husband." She said and crawled over the table towards me.

"What are you doing, Divya?"

"What am I doing?" She asked and jumped over me.

"Divya, it's office." I warned.

"So what? For a newly wed couple, every place is a honeymoon destination." She winked, tracing my face with her fingers while sitting on my lap. As I was about to say something she slammed her lips on mine, unbuttoning the upper part of my shirt.

She stood on her knees to kiss my forehead while I grabbed her hips. She kissed my eyes and pulled my nose forcefully.

"Aah! Divya!"

"What?"

"Why are you pulling my nose?"

"Because you did it too. And, husband and wife have equal rights over each other." She said, mimicking my dialogue from yesterday.