Epilogue

– D I V Y A –

Walking inside, I saw the view in front of me which made my blood boil. "Ayaan Chauhan and Aanya Chauhan! I need you here in ten seconds!"

I saw him walking towards me while carrying Aanya on his back. "What happened? Is everything alright?"

"Alright? What's this?" I pointed towards the floor.

"Paint."

"Who the hell spills paint on floor?"

"Language." He said, directing at Aanya.

"Okay, my fault. But who decides to colour in the living room. Atleast clean your stuff after messing."

"Her hands were stained with paint. And I thought to clean her up before cleaning this mess. Never thought that Mrs cleanliness freak would come back this early."

"I understand your point. But if she wanted to paint, you could've taken her to her play room. Who told you to mess up with living room?"

"Actually-"

"Whose idea it was to paint here?" I asked but no one opened their mouth. "Tell me!" I shouted and Aanya jumped down from Ayaan's back, walking towards me.

"Dad." She said and Ayaan looked at her with shock. Her cute chubby cheeks always made her look innocent. I don't know why but I wanted to laugh!

"When did I? Wasn't it you who wanted to stay here-" Ayaan was saying something but Aanya interrupted him in between.

"Mumma! My stomach is paining!" Aanya cupped her head and shouted.

"It's your head." Ayaan said and her hands immediately went down to clutch her stomach. "You are a great actor."

It was good for him. He always supported her when she did anything wrong, saying that —‘she's just a two year old’. Being her parents it's our duty to teach her good and bad. But he just wants to act as a cool dad who never scolds his child.

Now when his own daughter, whom he always supported backfired him, he should think not to always make her right. But no, he would still never point out her mistakes, but instead make me look like an angry mother.

He's her cool dad, afterall!

"I know, my daughter never lies. It must be you." I pointed my finger towards Ayaan and he looked at me with shock.

"I heard some sounds. What happened Divya?" Mom came towards us and asked.

"Nothing mom. Your son created a mess."

"It wasn't me. Aanya wanted to use colours in the living room."

"Dadi, my stomach is paining!" Aanya shouted, grabbing the attention and walked towards mom.

"Let's go and leave them alone." Mom held her little hands and took her away. Even mom doesn't want to let Aanya hear her parents bickering like children.

"It wasn't my idea to use paints in the living room. I swear." He said and I couldn't help but laugh at him. "I'm serious. Why are you laughing?"

"I know my husband and my daughter very well. Do you think I don't know whose idea it was?"

"Then why did you-"

"Just playing cool mumma. Don't you like it?" I chuckled and he glared. "Between, you should really stop supporting her in her every single deed. I really don't want our daughter to become a spoilt princess."

"But she's just a child Divya."

"That's how you're spoiling her."

"Even if I stop fulfilling her every wish, do you think it would affect her? Our family got a daughter after so many generations. Do you think they would ever stop pampering her?"