Chapter 5

"Naruto" Spoke Itachi, "Have you heard of Sage Mode?"

"I have heard of it, but I don't know what it is." Answered Naruto.

"Sage Mode is a special ability specific summoning clans teach which allows their summoner to take in natural energy. This greatly improves the user's strength, and can be the trump card you are looking for." Said Itachi.

"Do the toads teach Sage Mode?" Asked Naruto.

"They do" Answered Itachi, "That is why Jiraiya-sama is a Sage, as he learned Sage Mode from the toads."

"If he can do it so can I, ya know!" Exclaimed Naruto before he left to summon a toad.

After a few seconds of sitting in silence, Itachi said "He's just like you Shisui."

Meanwhile, Naruto went through the hand seals and summoned Gamakichi.

"Yo Naruto! What's up?" Said Gamakichi.

Over the past few years Naruto had gotten close with many of the toads. He would regularly summon Gamakichi to hangout and train, and he had trained with many of the other toads as well. Gamakichi had gotten very big, to the point that he was a head taller than Naruto. He wore a black cloak, with an Uzumaki swirl on the back because of his loyalty to Naruto and him being an Uzumaki. He also had a tanto that he carried with him on his right side.

"Hey Kichi, I was wondering if you could tell me about sage mode?" Asked Naruto.

"Sage Mode huh? You'd have to ask old man Fukasaku about that one" Answered Gamakichi.

"Fukasaku?" Questioned Naruto to himself mostly. He had summoned Fukasaku before, and the older toad had taken a liking to Naruto.

Naruto then went through the hand signs and summoned Fukasaku.

"Naruto boy, how have you been?" Asked Fukasaku when he appeared.

"I'm doing great geezer sage!" Exclaimed Naruto.

"So why have you summoned me Naruto boy?" Questioned Fukasaku.

"Well," Started Naruto, "I was wondering if you could teach me Sage Mode."

At this, Fukasaku's eyebrows shot up, "Sage Mode you say, hmm. I don't know Naruto boy. Not even Jiraiya boy was able to master Sage Mode. It's very dangerous.".

'Pervy Sage couldn't master Sage Mode?' Thought Naruto before he spoke, "Well don't you want a strong summoner who can master your techniques? If Pervy Sage can't master Sage Mode, then I will."

'It always has annoyed me how Jiraiya boy couldn't master Sage Mode. Training Naruto in Sage Mode will be the perfect way to get back at Jiraiya boy.' Thought Fukasaku internally, yet on the outside he was laughing evilly. This caused Naruto and Gamakichi to go and hide behind a nearby rock because they were scared of the geezer toad.

'Damn. Why do all these toads hate pervy sage?' Thought Naruto, 'Whenever I mention getting back at Jiraiya, they immediately jump at the opportunity.'

"All right Naruto boy, I'll train you in Sage Mode, summon me again when you're ready to leave for Mount Myoboku." Said Fukasaku before he left.

One Month Later - Uchiha Hideout

Naruto spent the last month in Mount Myoboku learning to become a Sage. He was able to learn and master Sage Mode completely in a months time.

As a parting gift, Fukasaku and Shima gave Naruto a red cape with black flames. The cape also had an Uzumaki swirl on the back.

Naruto now wore the cape over his black shinobi pants, and gray and black jack. On his back he had his Uzukage katana, as well as the Uzumaki Scroll of Seals.

As Naruto appeared in the Uchiha hideout, he found Itachi meditating in the training ground.

"So you have become a sage." Spoke Itachi, almost as if he was expecting Naruto.

"Sure have, ya know!" Exclaimed Naruto with his signature grin which caused Itachi to smile.

"Then I believe it is time to test you." Spoke the stoic Uchiha.

"Test?" Questioned Naruto.

Itachi then opened his eyes, to reveal his active sharingan.

"Come at me with everything you have, and don't hold back!"

Naruto grinned, before he made five shadow clones to go collect natural energy. He then pulled out his katana and charged Itachi.

6 Hours Later - Uchiha Hideout

In the center of the completely destroyed landscape stood Naruto and Itachi who were both panting in exhilaration.

For the past six hours the two opponents had fought with everything they had. At the start the two had begun a fast paced taijutsu match, before it transitioned to weapons, and eventually onto ninjutsu.

Naruto was able to completely match Itachi blow for blow for taijutsu while in Sage Mode. The two then transitioned onto ninjutsu, where Naruto's huge chakra reserves came into play. Itachi eventually took the battle up a notch when he unveiled his Mangekyo Sharingan.

Because his blindness was cured by Karin, and he no longer had a terminal illness, Itachi was free to use his Mangekyo without any side effects.

Itachi's susanoo and amaterasu were devastating attacks, and Naruto was forced to use sage mode to keep up. Naruto found he was not the only one training hard, as Itachi had spent the whole month focusing on his Mangekyo Sharingan. As a result, his susanoo had gotten legs, and he also perfected his use of the yasaka beads.

To counter this, Naruto heavily relied on his Rasenshuriken, which he was able to throw in Sage Mode. He was also able to punch holes in Itachi's susanoo while in sage mode.

However, Itachi's susanoo came equipped with his totsuka blade and yata mirror. This proved utterly frustrating for Naruto as Itachi was practically invincible with these weapons.

The highlight of the battle was when Naruto proved how he learned his nickname of being the most unpredictable ninja. He created a huge chakra chain that he strengthened with sage mode, and had it restrain Itachi's susanoo. He then created dozens of shadow clones that performed Sage Art: Massive Rasengan Barrage on Itachi's susanoo.

As a result, Itachi was forced to escape his susanoo before it was annihilated. When he landed on the ground, he found that every piece of rubble was a shadow clone, which then exploded using the jutsu he taught Naruto, clone explosion.

Needless to say, the entire landscape surrounding the Uchiha hideout was decimated from the 'spar'.

"I believe that's enough for today Naruto." Spoke Itachi.

Naruto nodded his head, and the two headed back to the Uchiha Hideout.