Chapter 2

Konoha

It had been two months since Jiraiya had lost Naruto. Jiraiya did not even notice Naruto was gone for two days as he had been doing his 'research' while Naruto was training.

After he failed to find Naruto, he went to the toads to ask them to reverse summon Naruto.

To his displeasure, Gamabunta laughed in his face and said that it served the old pervert right that Naruto left him. According to him, Naruto left on his own accord, and was apparently getting stronger without Jiraiya's teachings.

Needless to say, Jiraiya was fuming by the time he left Mount Myoboku.

And now he was heading to the Hokage building to face Tsunade's wrath.

Jiraiya stepped through the window and into Tsunade's office where she was working by herself. She noticed him right as he stepped in.

"Jiraiya? What are you doing here?" Asked Tsunade. She didn't expect him to return back to the village for at least another few years.

"Oh I thought I would come and check up on everything." Said Jiraiya. "So how's everything going here."

"Everything's going well, Sakura is already mastering the basics of medical ninjutsu, and soon I'll be teaching her how to fight. Kakashi and Sasuke are also doing well, Kakashi was furious when he found out Sasuke left the village, so he finally decided to get off his ass and teach that brat some manners. So how is he?" Asked Tsunade.

"He's doing well." Said Jiraiya in a nervous tone.

"Well, where is he?" Half asked, half demanded Tsunade.

"You see, a month into the trip he left and I haven't been able to find him since." Said Jiraiya nervously.

Tsunade's image changed, her eyes became pure black as she unleashed huge amounts of killer intent on Jiraiya.

Jiraiya for his part was on his knees begging for Tsunade's forgiveness.

What followed was one of the worst beatings of Jiraiya's life.

One Hour Later

"Where is he Jiraiya? How could you let him go off on his own?!" Demanded Tsunade.

"Hime please, it's not my fault. I left him to train, and the next day he was gone." Pleaded Jiraiya. He was wrapped in bandages after the beating he just received from the Hokage.

"What about the toads? Can't they reverse summon him?" Questioned Tsunade.

"That's the good and bad news. The good news is that according to the toads, Naruto is fine and is training with someone else. That bad news is that they refuse to reverse summon him." Responded Jiraiya.

"Why would they do that?!" Demanded Tsunade.

"Apparently they think they're teaching me a lesson." Seethed Jiraiya, "The past two months all I have been doing is searching for that brat."

"And you will continue to do so." Ordered Tsunade. "I want that brat found. Until then you better not come back here!"

Uchiha Hideout

Naruto and Itachi were sparring while Naruto's clones worked on various exercises, jutsus, and fuinjutsu.

Ever since Naruto learned the secret of the shadow clone jutsu he had begun abusing it to great lengths. Because his chakra reserves were so large, he could create hundreds of clones to train while his main body would do physical activities to improve his strength.

It was perfect. Naruto could spar and exercise all day, and at the same time be learning five different jutsu.

Naruto was snapped out of his thoughts as Itachi was able to block Naruto's arm and kick him away.

The two had been at it all morning, and even though Naruto was progressing exponentially, he still was nowhere near Itachi's level.

"You are doing well Naruto-kun." Said Itachi. "At this rate you will be Jonin level in four months."

"Thank you Sensei" Said Naruto as he stood up.

"Now I believe it is time for me to teach you one of my favorite original jutsus." Said Itachi.

"What?" Asked Naruto.

"Shadow Clone Explosion" At that, Itachi's body glowed before it exploded.

Naruto gaped, his sensei just blew up, what was he sup-

"As you can see it's very effective" Naruto jumped at Itachi's voice, as he looked behind to see his sensei standing there with a small smile on his face.

"Don't do that, ya know!" Exclaimed Naruto in outrage. "How are you even still alive? You blew up!".

"This jutsu allows your shadow clones to explode. I used the replacement jutsu to swap with my shadow clone after our spar." Explained the stoic Uchiha.

Naruto thought through this for a minute before it dawned on him. He had the chakra capacity to create thousands of shadow clones without feeling the drain, and each one has the ability to explode.

"Damn."