Chapter 1

Naruto was frustrated. For the past month after leaving Konoha for his training trip with his sensei Jiraiya, he had accomplished nothing. Everyday Jiraiya would either meet with a 'contact', or do his 'research', leaving Naruto alone with nothing to do.

So here Naruto was, punching a tree over and over, trying to get stronger on his own.

"Hello Naruto-kun"

Naruto's blood ran cold. He had heard that voice before, that same cold, uncaring voice that held no emotion. The same voice that belonged to the man that beat his best friend within an inch of his life right in front of him.

Naruto turned around, slowly, to find Itachi Uchiha standing in the middle of the field he was training in. He wore the same Akatsuki cloak, along with his slashed leaf headband.

"What are you doing here?" Questioned Naruto. One of the reasons Jiraiya took Naruto on this trip was so the Akatsuki couldn't follow him. That sure worked out well.

"I am here to offer my services. It's the least I can do for the person that saved my foolish little brother." Stated Itachi in that same tone.

"Why would you help me?" Asked Naruto.

"Simple. You stopped my foolish little brother from abandoning the village, and I would like to offer you my services as payment." Said Itachi.

"But you're a member of the Akatsuki, so why would you help me?" Asked a confused Naruto. None of this was adding up, Itachi was supposed to be trying to capture Naruto, not make him stronger.

Itachi allowed a small smile to grace his lips, Naruto was certainly smarter than he let on.

"Just because I am a member of the Akatsuki, does not mean I fully support its goals. As I said before however, I am offering you training as payment for stopping my foolish little brother. I have been watching you since you left the village with Jiraiya-sama, and I must say I am disappointed in him. You show a lot of potential, you are motivated, and have huge chakra reserves. If you had the right guidance up until now, you could easily be a Jonin. Come with me and I will train you to the level you should be at." Responded Itachi.

Naruto merely looked down. He knew Itachi was right, he had never been properly taught to be a shinobi. In the academy he was always neglected, and his training was sabotaged so he would fail. Kakashi-sensei also neglected him by never teaching either, as well as Jiraiya.

Naruto looked up at Itachi.

"I'll do it."

Uchiha Hideout

After agreeing to go with Itachi, they both immediately left and took to the trees. The two traveled for a day before they reached an abandoned Uchiha hideout.

The hideout was modest in size, a wall surrounded the compound, and the training area could easily fit Gamabunta if Naruto decided to summon him.

Itachi led Naruto into the main home in the compound, and from there gave him one of the rooms to use. It was just down the hall from Itachi's bedroom.

"We will begin your training tomorrow." Stated Itachi as he closed the door to his room.

Naruto didn't complain, he was actually celebrating on the inside as he would finally get some actual training.

After he got everything set in his room, he went through the hand seals and summoned Gamakichi.

"Whats up bro?" Asked Gamakichi after the smoke cleared.

"Hey Gamakichi, I have something to ask."

"What is it?"

"Well you see, I kind of left Jiraiya to go train with someone else. So could you ask your dad to not tell Jiraiya where I am, and not reverse summon me." Asked Naruto in a nervous tone.

Gamakichi stared at Naruto questionably, which caused Naruto to sweat a bit. He then gave Naruto a thumbs up and a smile.

"So you finally left that pervert. Good call." Stated Gamakichi in a happy tone.

Naruto sweatdropped. "Wait what?! I thought you would be mad! Pervy sage is supposed to be your main summoner!"

"While that may be true, most of the toads, myself included, don't like Jiraiya. To be honest dad will probably be thrilled to hear you left that old perv, just to get back at him." Said Gamakichi.

Naruto sweatdropped again, "That's great Kichi, you can go now."

Gamakichi gave Naruto a thumbs up before he dispelled.

Next Morning

After Naruto woke up the next morning, he found Itachi making eggs and bacon in the kitchen. Itachi also noticed Naruto as he placed a plate consisting of eggs and bacon on the table for Naruto to eat.

Itachi then sat down with Naruto to also eat his breakfast. The two of them ate in silence until Itachi broke it.

"Tell me Naruto, do you know the secret of the shadow clone jutsu?"