Error 2

We landed in a solid ground, glancing around to nothingness but grassy area. Raiden and i scanned the area, searching for the appropriate disruption which had called us. My eyes gazed the area only to land on an unconscious figure laying afar ahead. The bridge of my nose was wrinkled as i squint my eyes, trying to grasp a better point of view.

A silhouette piqued our interest the instant we realized. A person, lying unconsciously from a far distance. "There," i pointed out a certain direction to gain Raiden's attention. The two of us quickly jogged our way to them.

I quickly kneeled beside the person, only to sooth my hand on his cold arm. I flinched, "He's so cold..."

The attire which had wrapped his body seemed familiar. It took me back in the days. The mask as well rung a bell inside of my head. A grunt was made, i made a distance between us as i step back. The figure shook their head slowly. The more i scanned my eyes entirely, i gasped in surprise. I recognized those sets of clothing.

"Bi-Han?" i asked. No answer came from his mouth.

The Sub-Zero i always knew back in the day. We were allies and had a good friendship. In a more exaggerating way, him and i were bestfriends since our childhood. We were very close.

After a long moment of nothingness filling the air around us, he lifted his gaze up, "No, i am his brother, Kuai Liang."

I supported him back up, trying to endure the cold he sent to my bare skin. Kuai turned his attention to Raiden, a little shock marked to his face.

"Raiden?"

"Grandmaster Sub-Zero."

"Where are we?" his eyes reverted to his surrounding, and back to me. "It appears we're in a different, universe..??" i hesitantly trying to explain our situation.

"(Y/N) and i arrived here moments ago, by a strange beam of light erupted from the copy of Shinnok's Amulet," Raiden explained.

Looking at his current condition, i could vaguely tell he didn't have a safe landing. Without a warning, i let my magic healed his pain. Kuai spun his head, nodding in a sign of gratitude. "How did you arrive here, Grandmaster?" i asked.

"A portal. Summoned by an unknown cause inside the Lin Kuei temple. It pulled my body by force. Transporting me here."

"A portal? Summoned by who?"

"No one. With sudden it appeared."

I stood silent, trying to calculate his explanations. Though my mind had recovered no evidence nor lead. Raiden crossed his arms, "Our best option is to search for the amulet."

"It came along with you when you arrived?"

I was responded by a simple nod, "Then we better investigate the spot where you landed," i added.

*****

I sighed in exhaustion. The rest of the afternoon was not well spent. We went solo on each point, we even had the helps from our recent company. I crossed my arms as i lean my back on the dull wall. I rested my head back, gazing to the crowded yet silent pedestrian from the view of the wide alley. 

The smell of an unfamiliar scent sent by the winds stroke my nostrils, carrying the unrecognized aroma from the city. Defeating the eccentric smell from the coffee in my held. The sun was almost setting, signing for us to rendezvous at our designated spot.

I straightened my pose as i walk off to the back alley, sipping the warm liquid through my throat as i waited for the Thunder God's arrival to come and get me. It took a moment before a struck of lightning hit the ground in front of me.