Like A Virgin

Jessica's mother was going away for the weekend for a company retreat at some place in Montana. Emily was having a sleepover at her best friend's house for the latter's birthday. Thus, Jessica would have the house all to herself. It was a rare treat being alone with Sunny and being able to eat only cereal and binge watch Friends without judgment.

More importantly, this weekend could finally be the time when she and Edward would make it to fourth base. Not that the previous bases hadn't been a ton of fun. Edward was significantly less high-strung after an orgasm or two and he became very pleasant to be around. But reaching that final base and getting to home run was something she increasingly wanted to achieve.

She wanted it to be good for him. Hers had been very awkward, a little painful, and over in about two minutes. She had thought maybe she just didn't like sex and it was only after she had sex with someone else who was more generous that she realized her first time was just one big disappointment. She found comfort in that Lauren hadn't liked her first time either and they shared a bottle of Mrs. Mallory's wine to commemorate their mutual dissatisfaction.

Edward had waited so long for this. He deserved a good first time. She didn't want him to feel the same disappointment she did. He went through a sexual revolution and held unto his virginity like it was a lost treasure.

Her main concern was something going wrong so she went to their very own magic eight ball and asked for her advice.

"It's going to be fine," Alice reassured her. "Better to do it now than when you're in college. Your roommate walks in on you two and it's downhill from there. Edward gets called 'fire crotch' until graduation."

She didn't know what to say to that.

Alice frowned, adding, "And no lighting candles and no massage oil. Vampires are highly flammable."

"Got it," Jessica grimaced. "Anything else?"

The other girl shook her head. "You're good."

She asked Edward to sleep over and he was surprised. He narrowed his eyes at her as she repeatedly thought of Never Gonna Give You Up in her head until he stopped trying to read her mind. He knew she was planning something but she was going to get him to play along anyway. He arrived at her house just as her mother drove away with Emily.

She let him into her room and they spent the afternoon watching Friends. She mostly spent it staring at his profile and wondering how to approach this. He noticed her staring and asked her what was wrong. She decided to just let the chips fall where they may.

"I think we should go all the way tonight," she told him, feeling her heart pounding in her chest. "If you want, I can, um, deflower you."

He winced. "Please don't say 'deflower'."

What was a better euphemism? Make him into a man? That just reminded her of that song in Mulan. She shouldn't really be thinking about shirtless Shang at the moment even if it was a really great musical number.

"We don't have to if you don't want to," she kept going. "But Alice said now is a good time because apparently college ends with you getting bullied."

"You told Alice?" He looked horrified. "Why would you tell my sister?"

"Cause she can see the future and I want tonight to be perfect," She took his hand. "I want it to be good for you."

His expression softened. He cupped her cheek with his free hand. "It will be good, Jessica, because it's with you."

She practically melted. He could be so sweet when he wanted to be. She pulled him closer for a kiss. He didn't hesitate to deepen the kiss, his hands on her waist and pulling her unto his lap. His lips travelled to her cheek then down to her neck.