2. 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

YOU'RE COOL AND PUSH IT!

JUST WHEN PENELOPE THOUGHT THAT GLEE CLUB COULDN'T BE ANY MORE DOOMED, MR SCHUE WANTED TO PERFORM DISCO

JUST WHEN PENELOPE THOUGHT THAT GLEE CLUB COULDN'T BE ANY MORE DOOMED, MR SCHUE WANTED TO PERFORM DISCO. Sighing into her hands, Penelope was grateful she'd remembered to shove as many spare shirts into her locker as she could, figuring that not even being able to dance along to the disco properly would cause her to be slushied by every football player, hockey player and Cheerio in the school twice.

Bumping straight into Finn as they both struggled to do the choreography, Penelope was quick to apologise, "sorry, I swear I could win the worlds worst dancer." She moaned, a bit embarrassed.

"Huh, I could challenge you to that one." Finn chuckled in reply, widening his eyes in shock as Rachel almost kicked Mercedes in the face.

Finally snapping, Mercedes pushed straight past her to the front of the room, "woah! Woah! Hell to the no! First of all, you try and bust my face again and I will cut you!" She shouted at Rachel before whipping round to face Mr Schue, "and second, this song is terrible."

"No, no, no, it's not the song," Mr Schue denied, "you guys just need to get into it."

"No it's definitely the song. It's really gay." Kurt commented, raising an eyebrow at Mr Schue's enthusiasm for the song.

"We need modern music, Mr Schue." Artie pleaded, desperately, trying his best to make their teacher see sense.

Shaking his head, Mr Schue stuck with his own vision, despite his students concerns, "I'm sorry guys, we don't have time to discuss this, we're doing the song at the pep assembly on Friday."

Mouth hung open in alarm, Tina glanced to her friends, who all had the same look of disapproval on their faces, "in front of the whole school?"

"Exactly!" Mr Schue exclaimed, ignoring the panic on their faces and taking it as excitement.

"They're gonna throw food at us." Penelope whispered, with a nervous frown towards Kurt who quickly agreed, tutting loudly, "and I've just had a facial."

"I'll press charges if that happens." Rachel insisted, immediately.

Sighing deeply as murmurs of disapproval went round the room and the small glee club showed no interest at all in showing off their talents to the rest of the school, Mr Schue ran his hands through his hair in an attempt to get them on board, "guys, I can't express to you how important this assembly is. We need recruits. There are six of you, we need twelve to qualify for Sectionals. We have no choice or the club is over. I know you guys don't like this song, but we took nationals back in '93 with 'Freak Out.' It's a crowd-pleaser. Trust me. From the top."

Realising he wouldn't be able to escape the torment from his friends after performing disco music in front of them, Finn took a moment to himself before resuming his position to practice, "I'm dead." He muttered, worriedly.