8. 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐡-𝐮𝐩

SLUSHIES AND DANCING WITH BRITT!

PENELOPE WAS USED TO BEING SLUSHIED

PENELOPE WAS USED TO BEING SLUSHIED. All throughout her time at Mckinley, she had experienced a frozen slushy to the face almost every time she passed someone who was higher up on the Mckinley hierarchy than she was, which was almost everyone and now she was in the glee club, it was only getting worse.

Today was no exception. Unlike when she first got a slushy to the face, Penny had real friends now. Real friends who would grab her hand and pull her into the nearest bathroom to help her clean up and who she'd do the same for. And now she'd found herself hanging out with Finn and Quinn more than anyone, after shouting angrily at a football player for slushying her, Quinn had pulled her into the bathroom to help her wipe the ice cold cherry slushy from her face.

Stepping outside the bathroom with a smile on her face, Penny caught sight of Finn leant with his back against the notice board and made her way over to stand next to him, with Quinn following behind. Throwing her the same hoodie that he'd leant her the first time, Finn chuckled lightly, "you might as well keep this the amount of times you've had to borrow it."

Rolling her eyes playfully, Penny muttered a thanks as she slipped it over her head, laughing slightly as she realized how long the arms were, "it's not my fault, is it?"

A frown coming to her face, Quinn shook her head over at the slushy left on the floor after it had been tossed into Penny's face, "I do wish they'd stop slushying you. I don't see what you ever did to deserve it. You're not annoying like Berry. You're pretty cool."

Pouting, Penny held a hand over her heart, shrugging her shoulders, "it doesn't bother me too much now, I'm kind of used to it. I think I'm almost immune to the stinging in my eyes now."

"You shouldn't have to be used to it." Finn sighed, "those guys are just assholes."

"Yeah, but at least I have friends now. If you'd told me a couple of months ago that Quinn Fabray and Finn Hudson would be helping me clean up after a slushy facial and calling the guys who did it assholes, I'd tell you you were insane." Penny laughed, as Quinn linked her arm in hers as they began to walk down the hall together.

They hadn't gotten far at all down the hall before two hockey players came strutting down the hallway with a slushy in hand. Sighing as she saw them smirk at one another cockily, Penny braced herself for her second slushy of the day, squeezing her eyes tight shut. It came as a complete shock to hear the familiar taunting of after you'd been slushied but she didn't feel cold at all.

In fact, it wasn't even Penelope who had been slushed this time. It was Finn Hudson. Opening one eye slowly, Penny glanced down at the hoodie Finn had leant her, mouth agape as she realised it was still one colour, mouth falling open further in shock as she then looked round to see Finn covered in slushy, pinning Dave Karofsky to the nearest wall, "what the hell Karofsky?!"