Chapter Twenty-Five: Like Responsible Adults

Cool announcement in the author's note~

Just because Biden won doesn't mean everything is suddenly ok. There is still a global pandemic. Kids are in cages. Climate change exists. Black lives still matter.

I believe we still have the right to be happy, even for a moment, because things can still be better.

Be sure to educate yourself and keep yourselves up to date on the news. Look into the subjects I talked about it above not just for the United States but for your country as well. Do what you can to make things better for not only yourself but for your community.

Comment here if you want to rant about good things.

Comment here if you rant about the miseries in life.

Comment here to educate people about any political and social movements or events in your country you want people to know about.

Please be kind and respectful to yourself and each other.

Recap:

Man, you think I remember? I'll add something later maybe lol. It's like 3am here. Don't @ me.

~

I dropped my binder.

"Oh, thank you," I said as someone picked up my binder and handed it to me.

Dominic smirked. "I thought you weren't the clumsy type," he teased.

I felt my cheeks turn warm at his words and I shot him a glare. "And I stand by it. I'd like to see how you'd handle dealing with this," I said as I motioned to my locker filled with all of my stuff.

It was usually much more organized than this but Jordan took it upon himself to store some of his own textbooks and notebooks since my locker is closer to his classes than his own. It was like my locker was a storage save space in a video game. It didn't help since he already knows my locker combination.

"I was just messing with you," Dominic said with a chuckle. "Here, I'll give you a hand."

Dominic moved so he was right behind me. I froze by his sudden action and became painfully aware of his presence. His hand reached past over my head and began to move the books in my locker around so they no longer threatened to topple out of his storage. When he was done, Dominic stepped back and found that I was holding my breath.

"I could have done that myself," I told him as I closed my locker shut.

There he goes with that same smirk. "I know."

I eyed him suspiciously. "Then why did you do that?"

"Because of them."

We both turned to look at three heads almost stacked together peering over a corner then quickly hiding when they realized we spotted them.

I rolled my eyes. "You're terrible."

"I am," he admitted with a halfhearted shrug. "I'm gloating since it's my turn in the schedule."

Yes, Jordan actually made a schedule for times when Dominic and I can hang out. However, Jordan had set it up so we would only hang out during school so the guys can supervise us. Today is Friday and we'll go somewhere outside of school.

"Jordan created the schedule just to mess with you," I told him. "You didn't have to follow it at all."

Dominic leaned against the locker. "I'm just playing nice for you. And it's still funny when they're glaring at me." He smiled and waved in the direction of the guys.