-Chapter 19-

~~~~~~

Nellian's POV

My blood boiled with anger at the mention of my 'big' brother's name. Yes, he is like a thousand years older than me. But, he thinks like a child. I just can't believe that he would actually go for my mate (that he doesn't know about). It's still Coudray. I know where he's coming from. And that's hell. And he isn't even my real brother!

Thyme was still on the other side of the door, waiting for me to say something. "Well, I haven't seen her yet, Thyme," I lied. I could see the relief on Savannah's face when I said that. She relaxed a bit and that calmed my blood pressure.

I sensed Thyme curtsied and replied, "Alright. Thank you, Mistress." The sound of her clicking heels descended from my room as I returned to my quivering mate. How I wish I could read her mind right now.

But the look on her face made me tremble myself. I couldn't stand seeing her like this. It broke my nonexistent heart just looking at her fragile and scared state.

She was still in her undergarments, looking breathtaking as usual. As much as I wanted to continue where we left off and just take her right here and now, showing my mate how much I'm in love her, I have to take care of things with my horny bastard of a brother.

I weakly smiled at the beautiful human well hybrid laying underneath me, her eyes full of wonder, lust, and fear mixed together in brown. I leaned down and stroked her right cheek with care. She closed her eyes and I could hear her heartbeat slow down and she gave into my touch.

"I promise he won't even lay a finger on you, Sav. You're my mate and I vow with my undead life that I will always be there to protect you and push you out of harms way. And if I ever fail to keep my promise, you can do with me what you will. Even if it means ending my eternal life," I whispered in her ear softly and slowly so that she wouldn't tense up.

But, her breathing hitched up once I said those words. It was true, though. If I don't keep my promise to Savannah, she has the right to even kill me and I wouldn't do anything to stop her. Because the only thing I care about is making sure Savannah is happy, and if that is a life without me, even though it breaks my heart, so be it.

But, with all my being, I will fight for my priceless mate. Even just by looking at her, I feel like I'm alive again. This is my reason for having a second life now; is to be with Savannah. It's because of Savannah that I'm alive. She's the answer.

"Sav, sweetie. Please get dressed. I have to go do some important business. Follow Thyme and stay in your room with her. Once I'm done, I'll go get you then we can go out. How does that sound?" I smiled cheekily at her.

She opened her eyes and looked so amused that it was adorable to me to see her dark brown eyes turn to a lighter hazel color. Her purple specks that just add to her beauty sparkle keeping me enchanted in her beauty.

"You mean, like a date?" Oh my gosh. Even when she raises an eyebrow she looks so cute!

I giggled and nodded my head, and bite my but oh god what if she doesn't what to go on a date with me, I mentally shake my head "Yes, Sav. If that's what you want, then it's a date."

Savannah's face brightened and that lifted up my spirits. I love seeing her happy. It obviously makes me happy and I forgotten when was the last time I've ever been happy. That was millenniums ago.

I unwrapped my legs from Savannah's waist so she could get dressed. I put on a new set of clothes myself.

"But, Sav. You still somehow need to keep a low profile. Okay, beautiful?" I asked and she turned around, blush forming on her cheeks.

She only nodded and I could see her maid's dressed was nearly ripped off from her.

"Good girl." I smiled at her.

I dashed over and zipped the back of her dress while planting small kisses on her shoulder and the back of her neck. Her body heat was radiating from her and I finished zipping up her dress. She still looked beautiful.

She opened the door and I called for Thyme. Later, she was in front of my room and I explained everything to her. I watched the two walk down to their chambers, knowing that my mate would be safe. I have my questions about Thyme but if my sweet, adorable Savannah trusts her I at least have to try.

I changed into a new set of fresh clothes and ran to Coudray's office. I knew he wasn't expecting me. I slammed open the doors, startling him a bit. I smirked and approached him.

"Hello, dear sister. Do what do I owe this little visit of yours?" He asked in a slurred and mischievous tone. He raised an eyebrow at me while his hands were etched into a triangle.

"I heard that you wanted to see Savannah from what Thyme said," I snapped at him.

"Yes, I did. Why those that concern you, little sister?" He asked, pretending to know nothing and play innocent. I just wanted to break his jaw right now and claw his eyeballs from his sockets.

"Because she was a present to ME from YOU. That means she is mine to keep. Aren't I right, dear brother?" Now it was my turn to smirk.

"Of c-course, Nellian," my idiotic brother stuttered, making my smirk grow.

"Look, Coudray. I understand you're situation since Julianna...You know. But, that doesn't mean you should go after my gift. Alright? She's my property." My voice softened at the mention of Julianna. Long story she was Coudray's first love. Was.

"How could you bring her up?!" Coudray yelled, standing up, pushing a pile of papers off his desk and across the floor.

"Look..." I begin to say only to be cut of by him.

"I told you never to say her name!" He yelled before bending down and sobbing.

"Look Coudary..." I started again, but stopped by a fit of Coudray's uneasy and ragged laughter.

"You and Savannah will never be together," he spat evilly before laughing and in a second has his hands around my neck.

"Please!" I croaked out, knowing I promised myself I would never use my powers over the brain and pain again.

"Watch out, Nellian. One day, you will slip up and I will get her."

~~~~~~

A/N:

Hey guys sorry about the late update, just I have just started year 11!! So I have been really busy.

Hope you like the update...

So we just saw bit of Coudray's past ohhhh.... Just you wait till his whole story and past is revealed!!! :D

Anyway comment what you like and what you dont :)

Lov ya guys ,
~Allie

P.s. I will try and update as soon as I can.

We haven't been receiving much feedback, so that will be the topic next time.

Tell us your thoughts in the comment section below! :)