Tyler Herro

Title: self doubt

(throwback to University of Kentucky ! 🤩)

y/n
I watched as Tyler pulled his blue and white Jersey over his head. After he does, he looks at me, giving me that award-winning smile. "I love you babe" he said. "I love you too Ty" I respond sweetly.

"You ready for the game?" I ask. "Kinda. Duke is really good..." He trails off. "What if we don't play good. What if I don't play like I usually do?" I can see in his eyes that his mind is racing with questions and self doubt.

"Tyler Christopher Herro you are going to do amazing! Like you always do. Every time you play Duke, you always doubt yourself, but every time, you do AMAZING so stop thinking negatively and get it through your pretty little head that you are an AMAZING basketball player!" I say to him.

It breaks my heart to see him think so poorly of himself. Not only as a player, but as a person. He thinks so lowly of himself and its heartbreaking.

Suddenly, I feel his arms wrap around me, engulfing me in a hug. "Thank you baby.. I love you so so much" He whispers into my ear. I lean up and kiss him. I then pull him to the car and we leave to go to the stadium.

Once we arrive, I go give the man my ticket, and Tyler and I walk inside. I see the empty rows of blue and white seats, all of which eagerly waiting to be filled by Kentucky fans. The stadium smells of popcorn, nachos and floor wax. Although it is an odd combination, it gives me a sense of home. I look up at Tyler so see him already peering down at me.

"I love you Baby. Do good, okay?" I say with a smile. "Of course princess. I love you too" He says back. "good luck!" I yell as he walks into the locker room.

I take my seat at the front of the student section and wait for other students and fans to arrive. After about 20 minutes, seats slowly begin to fill, and as the start of the game nears, Kentucky and Duke fans flood the seats and anxiously wait for the game that is about to unfold in front on them.

Eventually, I see my favorite guy run onto the court. He looks over the student section, in search of me. Once his eyes land on me, a smile instantly takes over his face and he sends a wink and a kiss my way. I smile and feel my cheeks burn. We have been together for 2 years and he makes me blush so easily.

Eventually, the game is coming close to an end. Kentucky is down by two. There is 25 seconds left in the game. Tyler runs to the 3 point line and shoots. In that moment, it feels like time comes to a complete stop. I see the ball move in slow motion from Tyler's hands. It soars through the air and I feel my mouth get dry and my breathing almost stops.

Then, all I hear and see is the ball going through the net. Suddenly, Everything returns to normal speed. I stand up and start cheering for Tyler. I see PJ run over and so does the rest of the team. They all take Tyler on their shoulders as they begin to cheer for him.

I see them all run into the locker room. The stadium clears out as parents, students, and fans all leave to go home. I stay and wait for Tyler to return and tell me about his amazing win. He exits the locker room with his bag on his shoulder and a smile on his face so big his cheeks probably hurt.

I step onto the shiny floor and Tyler drops his bag and runs to me. He reaches me and picks me up, giving me the biggest hug. "Baby I won the game! And you know why? Because You were watching me. And you are my good luck charm. I see you in the stands and I get this burst of energy and motivation and I play good for you because I want you to be proud" He says proudly and excitedly.

"Tyler Christopher, I am ALWAYS proud of you. Every day when we wake up you give me more reasons to love you and be proud of you. You impress me every day, and tonight's game was no exception! I love you so much" I say smiling. "I love you too princess"

"Lets go back home and get you a shower" I giggle. "Sounds great. Maybe you can shower too" He says cheekily, adding a wink at the end. "Maybe. For now, behave yourself and watch your hands mister" I laugh. "I make no promises" he says as he wraps

WC: 816

HEY Y'ALL! This is my first imagine of hopefully SO many more! I hope y'all enjoyed!